• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

On 12/18/2020 at 3:18 PM, fatlab123 said:

Well the wife was going to kill me asking me what I ordered ...I told her I didn’t order anything this week😀..I didn’t ..but @bigclutchdecided to send me something ..Thank you very much !!!

2AFDA2C4-8891-4887-8842-39011C221F24.jpeg

Nice!  Glad to see a boardie got one of the #Santa-fevers!

1 hour ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Hey Shawn!

Any chance we will get word of a new TWD comic series (with new stories) anytime in 2021? :wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:  I know a few guys here on the boards who would be crazy excited to hear about it if so! :cloud9: @bigclutch

Happy holidays, everyone!

:ph34r: Ryan

Santa Clutch is bringing you all lumps of shiny, foil covered COAL!!!

14 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Are Walking dead keys still worth buying, or will there be a massive level off at some point?

I strongly believe the level off is done.  About a year after TWD ended, TWD #1 drifted down in price from about $2,200 to $1,800 or so on a lot of sales.  Recently we've seen some recovery up to about the $2,100 range in eBay auctions.  This could be attributed to the release of Walking Dead Deluxe and new buyers.  I don't see a "massive level off" coming if you mean a crash in prices.   It may be a while before this book increases in value but the franchise is huge and I'm sure has a strong future in films, etc. to support the price.  A companion story is always a possibility as well.

18 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

I strongly believe the level off is done.  About a year after TWD ended, TWD #1 drifted down in price from about $2,200 to $1,800 or so on a lot of sales.  Recently we've seen some recovery up to about the $2,100 range in eBay auctions.  This could be attributed to the release of Walking Dead Deluxe and new buyers.  I don't see a "massive level off" coming if you mean a crash in prices.   It may be a while before this book increases in value but the franchise is huge and I'm sure has a strong future in films, etc. to support the price.  A companion story is always a possibility as well.

Fair point, thanks. I honestly thought when the show ended they may start to tank, but I guess there’s such a massive fan base won’t happen. Also future potential content as you said.

3 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Fair point, thanks. I honestly thought when the show ended they may start to tank, but I guess there’s such a massive fan base won’t happen. Also future potential content as you said.

Perhaps you mean the announcement of the end of the show?  It won't end until Season 11 is over in Spring 2022.  And there has been a steep decline in viewers but they seemed to have righted the ship.  Particularly with Fear the Walking Dead which was just total rubbish in Season 5 but incredibly Season 6 would rival TWD in its heyday.  The comic created a cultural phenomenon and I don't think that can be understated.

31 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Perhaps you mean the announcement of the end of the show?  It won't end until Season 11 is over in Spring 2022.  And there has been a steep decline in viewers but they seemed to have righted the ship.  Particularly with Fear the Walking Dead which was just total rubbish in Season 5 but incredibly Season 6 would rival TWD in its heyday.  The comic created a cultural phenomenon and I don't think that can be understated.

Yeah sorry, meant that. And no I totally get it, the show has been on for a long time! I guess excitement doesn’t just go away because the show eventually will.

53 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Yeah sorry, meant that. And no I totally get it, the show has been on for a long time! I guess excitement doesn’t just go away because the show eventually will.

I am hoping, much like the comic, that they release the show in black and white. They did it in a couple of the early seasons.  It was really awesome.  That could bring some new fans onboard.  But it will likely never really lose interest.  Look at other shows that have turned into huge hits, they still have followings decades later.

On 1/4/2021 at 12:38 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Are Walking dead keys still worth buying, or will there be a massive level off at some point?

Firstly, I say what I always say. Buy what you like at a price you can afford. I collect the TWD comics because I like them. If a price moves (either up, or down), like any other investment, I learn from it.

Secondly, TWD is an immense franchise with comics, TV, theme park rides and other collectibles. The Deluxe (colour) comics have just launched. For a while, we've believed that one, two or three theatre movies are also on the way. There is a HUGE audience for a great story out there. That's why the TWD story will always be re-, re-, re-told. The future possibilities are endless... (imagine looking in 1963 at the first - or the first 193 - Spider-man comics and envisioning where that journey might lead!).

Price is determined by the market; supply vs demand. Prices will always correct to reflect this equation, and "massive" (your term) changes do come along, but not often. And usually, unpredictably. Good luck - whatever you decide to collect.

Stephen

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

BC is doing a promotion where if his Twitter hits 3k followers by the time CVL happens thus are throwing in a 9.8 of the Red Foil WDD to one lucky CVL customer.

So if you are on Twitter and not following @bigclutch then you are losing out! He is sitting at 2999 atm!

Mission Accomplished!!!!
image.png.ab218fe7acfcbf99f0dac64d8ea80acb.png

1 hour ago, Crops068 said:

BC is doing a promotion where if his Twitter hits 3k followers by the time CVL happens thus are throwing in a 9.8 of the Red Foil WDD to one lucky CVL customer.

So if you are on Twitter and not following @bigclutch then you are losing out! He is sitting at 2999 atm!

I'm gonna wait till he hits 3k then unfollow him...push him back to 2999

image.png.ab218fe7acfcbf99f0dac64d8ea80acb.png.0d7673f42cf4b744f73723970d6f88aa.png

too late!!  :cry:

Edited by cbalroman