• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Hello fellow Dead-heads!

I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU & shout out to my brother and good friend Tom McElroy @BladeTX for his super awesome, impressive, and thoughtful birthday gift he sent me.  It's not everyday you turn 40 (cough, cough...29...cough, cough) and for the amount of planning and prep work that he put in to making this happen (from the custom TWD label, to getting it slabbed as a page, to getting it to me by my birthday...it was truly an impressive and awesome feat).  Tom and I became friends a few years ago when he purchased a book from me on eBay and we've been chatting TWD and comics and everything else in-between ever since!  I'm so happy to have had played a part in his passion/addiction to The Walking Dead and I hope for many more years of convos and hopefully an in-person hangout (if the coronavirus ever ends and cons resume).  So thank you, Tom, for being such an amazing and good friend!  But now I have about 7 months and some change to plan for what I'mma do to make your next trip around the sun a special one, too! :banana:

Thanks for reading, fellow TWD addicts!  Tom ROCKS!

:ph34r: Ryan

Tom Letter Slab.jpg

Yeah he got the last Lucille label that was for me.  You lucky son of a..... :)

9 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Hello fellow Dead-heads!

I just wanted to give a huge THANK YOU & shout out to my brother and good friend Tom McElroy @BladeTX for his super awesome, impressive, and thoughtful birthday gift he sent me.  It's not everyday you turn 40 (cough, cough...29...cough, cough) and for the amount of planning and prep work that he put in to making this happen (from the custom TWD label, to getting it slabbed as a page, to getting it to me by my birthday...it was truly an impressive and awesome feat).  Tom and I became friends a few years ago when he purchased a book from me on eBay and we've been chatting TWD and comics and everything else in-between ever since!  I'm so happy to have had played a part in his passion/addiction to The Walking Dead and I hope for many more years of convos and hopefully an in-person hangout (if the coronavirus ever ends and cons resume).  So thank you, Tom, for being such an amazing and good friend!  But now I have about 7 months and some change to plan for what I'mma do to make your next trip around the sun a special one, too! :banana:

Tom Letter Slab.jpg

My pleasure, my good friend.  I had crazy fun planning it all out and @Crops068was in on it from the submission back in July.  I felt your TWD legacy needed something more than buried deep inside a slab 😊.  Happy 40th!!!

50 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

My pleasure, my good friend.  I had crazy fun planning it all out and @Crops068was in on it from the submission back in July.  I felt your TWD legacy needed something more than buried deep inside a slab 😊.  Happy 40th!!!

I keep a secret with the best of them. :)

But now someone else needs a page encased.... When is your b-day again good buddy? lol

On 1/20/2021 at 10:42 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

Hello fellow Dead-heads!

Tom Letter Slab.jpg

OK, that is super cool. 

12 hours ago, cbalroman said:

Looks to be a new sketch TWD Deluxe Variant that Shawn will have exclusive to his CVL sale.  But the question is what issue?

So issue #8 is next week. New CVL hasn't been announced yet.  If they use an upcoming issue it could be #10 (1st Hershel / Maggie), #15 Zombie Shane.  Or could just use some other issue completely like 1st Otis, lol.

7 hours ago, Crops068 said:

So issue #8 is next week. New CVL hasn't been announced yet.  If they use an upcoming issue it could be #10 (1st Hershel / Maggie), #15 Zombie Shane.  Or could just use some other issue completely like 1st Otis, lol.

It's way too busy at the top to be any Finch covers our now except 9... but the Adams all have those walkers at the top so could be one of those.  I'm stumped!  😂

7 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Oh yeah... looks like Adams work at the top for sure... check this out...
image.thumb.png.b8dd4075fc413e29f7de6947ab06c5cc.png

On 1/20/2021 at 6:42 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

THANK YOU & shout out to my brother and good friend Tom McElroy @BladeTX for his super awesome, impressive, and thoughtful birthday gift

I saw this in the week in a collected-posts e-mail, and I thought what a thoughtful and generous gift for @Sensei Ryan's birthday. #Respect 

On 1/20/2021 at 6:42 PM, Sensei Ryan said:

It's not everyday you turn 40 (cough, cough...29...cough, cough)

Hi Ryan, wishing you a belated happy 29th (or something) birthday. I hope you managed to find something fabulous to do to remember your special day. When I was 40 (which was... cough, cough...) a few years ago, I did a round-the-world trip. I spent my 40th birthday in Tokyo, and flew to Vancouver overnight, where I landed on the morning of my 40th birthday #InternationalDateLine

I thought your "page" present from @BladeTXand @Crops068was just AWESOME!

Best wishes

Stephen