• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Gotta hold my hands up and say I got this one totally wrong!

Knew there would be a bounce after the sub 2K sales but not up to nearly 4K

I still think this will end up a $1750 - $2000 book eventually.

It's a sell for me at $3000!

2 hours ago, Beige said:

Gotta hold my hands up and say I got this one totally wrong!

Knew there would be a bounce after the sub 2K sales but not up to nearly 4K

I still think this will end up a $1750 - $2000 book eventually.

It's a sell for me at $3000!

I would think that, but considering ASM 300 has more than 3 times as many books already graded as the entire circulation of TWD1, and 9.8s are selling for $4,500+ in 9.8, it doesn't seem unreasonable.  Yes, no doubt some TWDD hype bringing in buyers and not many are selling so it will be a $2,500 book again.  I don't think we'll see sub-$2,000 again.

22 hours ago, BladeTX said:

I would think that, but considering ASM 300 has more than 3 times as many books already graded as the entire circulation of TWD1, and 9.8s are selling for $4,500+ in 9.8, it doesn't seem unreasonable.  Yes, no doubt some TWDD hype bringing in buyers and not many are selling so it will be a $2,500 book again.  I don't think we'll see sub-$2,000 again.

I think TWD1 has legs. There's going to be a movie in a few years. And I doubt that we'll ever live in a world where there isn't some sort of TWD show on TV. Lots to look forward to.

On 2/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, bigclutch said:

I think TWD1 has legs. There's going to be a movie in a few years. And I doubt that we'll ever live in a world where there isn't some sort of TWD show on TV. Lots to look forward to.

I agree, wish I could get one for pre-apoc prices. 😂

4 hours ago, bigclutch said:

I like to think about TWD's lifecycle as similar to TMNT's. Multiple shows, movies, spinoffs to come.

I feel the same.  TWD is entrenched into society.  It could fade a little at some point, but will come roaring back...just like the Turtles.    

It just kills me as I been on the fence a while now about venturing into collecting TWD and the Modern era of books (which  I never ever bought any modern) and finally took the plunge very recently due to Silver Age books getting way out of hand price wise and forcing me to look elsewhere to spend my money only to have TWD now demanding insane prices lol . One day get a TWD 1 9.8 for 2k and next day over 3k is the norm now.  I guess you snooze you lose . If only I started buying 1 month ago - DOH !!  Maybe I collect stamps now.