• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Hi all - I hope everyone is doing ok all things considered :) I am starting to collect graded comics and my favorite book, WD is probably where I want to start. Before I go buying single issues, I figure I might as well ask if anyone is interested in selling (or trading) a 9.8 run? I made a post in the wtb section, but I figured I would also post here. I hope that is OK :) Feel free to message me. I have plenty of references. Thanks everyone and be well! <3

17 hours ago, JS said:

Hi all - I hope everyone is doing ok all things considered :) I am starting to collect graded comics and my favorite book, WD is probably where I want to start. Before I go buying single issues, I figure I might as well ask if anyone is interested in selling (or trading) a 9.8 run? I made a post in the wtb section, but I figured I would also post here. I hope that is OK :) Feel free to message me. I have plenty of references. Thanks everyone and be well! <3

When you say 9.8 run, are you talking about 1 to 48, 1 to 193 or all 669 books in the full TWD with variants?

1 hour ago, BladeTX said:

When you say 9.8 run, are you talking about 1 to 48, 1 to 193 or all 669 books in the full TWD with variants?

Ideally looking for 1-50 or 1-100 (I have a couple, but I wouldn't break a set I would just buy the entire run) -

21 hours ago, JS said:

Ideally looking for 1-50 or 1-100 (I have a couple, but I wouldn't break a set I would just buy the entire run) -

OK, I'll keep an eye out.   Might want to send notes to Registry participants in the TWD 1-48 set, see if anyone there is interested in selling.

8 hours ago, BladeTX said:

OK, I'll keep an eye out.   Might want to send notes to Registry participants in the TWD 1-48 set, see if anyone there is interested in selling.

Thx - I am a total newb to this - can you point me in the right direction to the registry notes section? :)

12 hours ago, JS said:

Thx - I am a total newb to this - can you point me in the right direction to the registry notes section? :)

Sure - click on this link and it will take you to the Registry set for Walking Dead 1-48.   
Set Type Detail Page (collectors-society.com)

Then click on the set and see if they have books you would be interested in buying.  You can then send a note to the owner.  I expect it will be tough sledding but you might get lucky with someone ready to sell.  I put up a WTB post for the TWD Hero Initiative books not expecting much, but I've acquired 2 that way.  Persistence pays off 😊.

On 3/19/2021 at 12:15 AM, JS said:

There’s a “Want to Buy” section on the boards.  You can start a thread there.

I think it’s a pretty tall “ask”.  I think you’d be better off trying to buy the individual issues.  It’s a bit counter-intuitive (normally you get a better price buying in “bulk”), but I’d imagine you might even have to pay a slightpremium to get an entire 9.8 run in one shot.  Unless someone has multiple runs/dupes, I don’t think they’d want to part with it easily as putting it back together would take some effort.  

5 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

There’s a “Want to Buy” section on the boards.  You can start a thread there.

I think it’s a pretty tall “ask”.  I think you’d be better off trying to buy the individual issues.  It’s a bit counter-intuitive (normally you get a better price buying in “bulk”), but I’d imagine you might even have to pay a slightpremium to get an entire 9.8 run in one shot.  Unless someone has multiple runs/dupes, I don’t think they’d want to part with it easily as putting it back together would take some effort.  

That's a really good point.  To pry my 1-48 100% Sig Series out of my hands would take a substantial above-market offer.  Pulling this off would require exceptional timing with someone considering selling.  Who knows, with all the disruption from covid perhaps someone is in need of cash.  The other challenge is I'm really rare stopping at 48 (and holding to that religiously).   I think what you would find is someone with the entire run, and getting them to let loose of 1-50 and keeping 51 to 193 (or 100 to 193) would be very unlikely so my expectation is you would need to buy them out completely.  Good Luck!!!

I watched season 10, episode 22 "Here's Negan" last night (we get it a day late in the UK due to the time difference). I think it was an AWESOME episode. I'm not going to spoil your first watch, except to say:

1. Look for Negan's surname...

2. Look for the Iron Maiden Easter egg...

3. A jukebox dispute is how all this started...

Brilliant episode, actors Jeffrey and Hilarie, and writer David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick. Clearly one of the best episodes in the series.

4 hours ago, StephenWA said:

I watched season 10, episode 22 "Here's Negan" last night (we get it a day late in the UK due to the time difference). I think it was an AWESOME episode. I'm not going to spoil your first watch, except to say:

1. Look for Negan's surname...

2. Look for the Iron Maiden Easter egg...

3. A jukebox dispute is how all this started...

Brilliant episode, actors Jeffrey and Hilarie, and writer David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick. Clearly one of the best episodes in the series.

It was fantastic.

Did you notice the shirt Lucille was wearing at the end?

I absolutely agree it was one of the best of the series.  The added episodes so far this one has been my favorite, it ranks up there with Clear (my all time favorite) if not equal to me.  I love that they have done some really needed character development with Aaron, Gabe, and Princess.

6 hours ago, Crops068 said:

It was fantastic.

Did you notice the shirt Lucille was wearing at the end?

I absolutely agree it was one of the best of the series.  The added episodes so far this one has been my favorite, it ranks up there with Clear (my all time favorite) if not equal to me.  I love that they have done some really needed character development with Aaron, Gabe, and Princess.

Double fantastic.  Drop out the awful Daryl/Carol episodes and the 4 left were all interesting.  Yeah Lucille's Half Moon shirt was cool.  She was also in the clothes from when Negan left, implying she gave up that very day.  Brutal.  And damn, what an acting powerhouse couple.  I want one more Negan backstory - how the Saviors came to be and end it when Negan is standing in front of Abe taking a swing... then fade to black.   I'll take that one episode over 30 of the Daryl/Carol spinoff any day.

31 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cannibals are zombies

A quote from Dr. Millard Rausch from the 1978 movie "Dawn of the Dead"
"The normal question, the first question is always, "Are these cannibals?" No, they are not cannibals. Cannibalism in the true sense of the word implies an intraspecies activity. These creatures cannot be considered human. They prey on humans. They do not prey on each other; that's the difference. They attack and they feed only on warm human flesh."

Now that explains why zombies are not cannibals, but not the statement of, Cannibals are zombies, so my answer to that would be... no. (:

8 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

A quote from Dr. Millard Rausch from the 1978 movie "Dawn of the Dead"
"The normal question, the first question is always, "Are these cannibals?" No, they are not cannibals. Cannibalism in the true sense of the word implies an intraspecies activity. These creatures cannot be considered human. They prey on humans. They do not prey on each other; that's the difference. They attack and they feed only on warm human flesh."

Now that explains why zombies are not cannibals, but not the statement of, Cannibals are zombies, so my answer to that would be... no. (:

Lol I was just watching family feud, and the question was, "what would a cannibal remove from a tourist before they cooked the tourist?"

For some odd reason I had never thought that cannibals cooked their food. :insane:

So that led me down the zombie rabbit hole :roflmao:

@BladeTX but no I dont drink lol are zombie rabbits possible?  Enter Monty python. :sumo:

:martini:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, BladeTX said:

Double fantastic.  Drop out the awful Daryl/Carol episodes and the 4 left were all interesting.  Yeah Lucille's Half Moon shirt was cool.  She was also in the clothes from when Negan left, implying she gave up that very day.  Brutal.  And damn, what an acting powerhouse couple.  I want one more Negan backstory - how the Saviors came to be and end it when Negan is standing in front of Abe taking a swing... then fade to black.   I'll take that one episode over 30 of the Daryl/Carol spinoff any day.

It could just be a Negan spin-off instead of Daryl/Carol.  Start with him right after the Here's Negan story and then jump forward to after TWD ends.