• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

On 4/23/2021 at 7:01 PM, lostboys said:

Happy wife / happy life?

... or screw it, I want my TWD collection!

Sup guys. Long time TWD fan that keeps the DVDs on a constant loop. This drives my wife nuts but I do it anyway.

A few months back I decided that I wanted the comic collection too. I stated browsing and buying and I'm soooooo close to having what I want but my wife is not as happy as I am and directed me to cease and desist my purchasing.

At the time of her insane recommendation I had 11 through 193...first prints + #1 CGC 9.6 - #2 CGC 9.4 - #3 CGC 9.6

My plan was to also get 1, 2 & 3 in the weekly reprints for reading purposes and then finish getting 4 through 10 in first prints and be done.

Instead...im forced to get 1 through 10 in weekly reprints.

I feel unclean.

I feel like a failure.

Would you be happy with what I've collected or should I defy the evil woman and buy 4 through 10 in first prints and risk divorce or castration while asleep?

Castration definitely. After you've been married a while, you won't need those anyway, so you may as well resolve that misery without further delay...

On 4/24/2021 at 8:29 PM, BladeTX said:

You should become a member of the TWD 19 club then!  Probably the most iconic cover of the series and still very attainable in 9.6-9.8.

Anybody want a great deal on that iconic #19 cover?

This is TWD Argentinian edition #10, and it has that cover. I just upgraded my copy of it to a 9.8, and so this is going spare. I have it listed on eBay for 35 GBP (50 USD), but happy to do a deal if someone here wants it (I am in the UK).

10 - Arg 9.0 Front.jpg

15 hours ago, lostboys said:

Need a favor.

Can someone who owns a copy of TWD5 please post a pic of that bottom of the book.

Is the snow pure white?

Thanks.

Looks pure white to me. If it’s not, it is very very close and too hard to tell.  Also the barcode on the left is pure white on other early books and it is the same color as the snow.9D19E71F-3A48-4443-8A53-5A5347E67841.thumb.jpeg.0e44ee034fa97b9791182ab91659a2bf.jpeg

1 hour ago, BladeTX said:

Looks pure white to me. If it’s not, it is very very close and too hard to tell.  Also the barcode on the left is pure white on other early books and it is the same color as the snow.9D19E71F-3A48-4443-8A53-5A5347E67841.thumb.jpeg.0e44ee034fa97b9791182ab91659a2bf.jpeg

Hmmm...so the barcode on my copy does look clean.

But...if your copy looked like mine, you would notice it without having to squint.

A poster on another board said it may be color rub from the book on top of it during the original shipping.

Here's a pic of the barcode:

20210511_033241.jpg

3 hours ago, lostboys said:

Hmmm...so the barcode on my copy does look clean.

But...if your copy looked like mine, you would notice it without having to squint.

A poster on another board said it may be color rub from the book on top of it during the original shipping.

Here's a pic of the barcode:

20210511_033241.jpg

OK - I looked at my book (CGC 9.8).  It has none of that.  Pure white except at the very top below the image are some minute specs in the top 20% of the white area, and at the bottom there are a couple small spots of the blue hue that is part of the main book (zoom in on the center bottom of my image and you can see it).  Other than that, it's all pure white.

OK - I looked at my book (CGC 9.8).  It has none of that.  Pure white except at the very top below the image are some minute specs in the top 20% of the white area, and at the bottom there are a couple small spots of the blue hue that is part of the main book (zoom in on the center bottom of my image and you can see it).  Other than that, it's all pure white.

Thanks.

I'm trying to decide if I want to return it. I did get it for a decent price and the other 9.6s on Ebay are $75 more than I paid for mine.

There is a raw copy for sale on Ebay and it seems to have the same spotting...even more so as it's also on the Image logo in the top corner.

Fuqq...this is the last book I need to complete the collection and I've had such good luck up to this point.

What would you do?

Live with it or spend another $75 and hope the next one is better?

Thanks.

28 minutes ago, lostboys said:

Thanks.

I'm trying to decide if I want to return it. I did get it for a decent price and the other 9.6s on Ebay are $75 more than I paid for mine.

There is a raw copy for sale on Ebay and it seems to have the same spotting...even more so as it's also on the Image logo in the top corner.

Fuqq...this is the last book I need to complete the collection and I've had such good luck up to this point.

What would you do?

Thanks.

In all of my prior hobbies and this one, I've done very well by holding very high standards on all of my purchases.  I figure, if I really like it, so will someone else (which helped me sell a large coin collection for 20% above market).   If it bothers you now, it will bother you later.  And it will bother the next owner.  So I would pay more and get what you really like.  

38 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

In all of my prior hobbies and this one, I've done very well by holding very high standards on all of my purchases.  I figure, if I really like it, so will someone else (which helped me sell a large coin collection for 20% above market).   If it bothers you now, it will bother you later.  And it will bother the next owner.  So I would pay more and get what you really like.  

Thank you for your advice and we think alike. It does bother me now and I would prob always think of it as the runt of of my TWD litter.

1 hour ago, lostboys said:

Thank you for your advice and we think alike. It does bother me now and I would prob always think of it as the runt of of my TWD litter.

TWD 5 is not a tough book.  More will show up 😊

7 hours ago, lostboys said:

What would you do?

Know any good pressers?  Color rub, especially on a white background, can probably be fixed with an absorene pad...

7 hours ago, lostboys said:

Thanks.

What would you do?

Thanks.

Can you post a pic of the full front cover?  And are you sure it's not something on the inner well of the CGC case (and not on the actual book itself)?  Before I give my opinion I'd like a better pic...and I'm as OCD as they come ;)  To a fault, sadly, at times, though lol 

10 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Can you post a pic of the full front cover?  And are you sure it's not something on the inner well of the CGC case (and not on the actual book itself)?  Before I give my opinion I'd like a better pic...and I'm as OCD as they come ;)  To a fault, sadly, at times, though lol 

20210512_081920_HDR.jpg

20210512_081851_HDR.jpg

26 minutes ago, BladeTX said:

Wow!!! CVL Friday is going to tee up TWDD 2nd Prints in 9.9, TWD 1 5th Anniversary 9.9, TWDD 1 Red Foil and... wait for it... Negan Lives Red Foil graded 9.8!  My next paycheck is very scared 😂🤣.  Bring it @bigclutch.

https://twitter.com/BigClutch/status/1394758155117031426?s=20 

Anyone want to guess at the selling prices and see how close they are?  I'll guess:
TWDD 1 2nd print gold foil 9.9 - $249
TWDD 1 2nd print red foil 9.9 - $249
TWD 1 5th Ann Sketch 9.9 (there are 18 9.9 and 3 10.0) - $249
TWDD 1 Red Foil 9.8 - $299
TWD Negan Lives Red Foil 9.8 $499

Anyone want to guess at the selling prices and see how close they are?  I'll guess:
TWDD 1 2nd print gold foil 9.9 - $249
TWDD 1 2nd print red foil 9.9 - $249
TWD 1 5th Ann Sketch 9.9 (there are 18 9.9 and 3 10.0) - $249
TWDD 1 Red Foil 9.8 - $299
TWD Negan Lives Red Foil 9.8 $499

Think you are missing some zeros 😂