• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

I still only read as far as the first omnibus, should I pick up the rest? Is it still a good comic?
So, you've only read the first 12 issues? Yes, still going strong and still a GREAT read, 2c:headbang:

I still only read as far as the first omnibus, should I pick up the rest? Is it still a good comic?
So, you've only read the first 12 issues? Yes, still going strong and still a GREAT read, 2c:headbang:

I've decided to follow this series in trades so I'm only up to where the Governer shows up at the prison in the tank... :sorry:

When's the next trade due out???

New Character's too hm

Fixed. (thumbs u

This is funny in a completely ironic way. How about "characters" ?

The illiterate leading the illiterate. lol

The first 24 I believe. (thumbs u

The first 24 I believe. (thumbs u

Oh yeah, that's what I meant :grin:doh!

Ok, anyone check out #49 yet?

Nice issue, a great change of pace from the recent arc, and a bit of a cliffhanger at the end, of course.

I won't spoil anything :)

It's the only title I read right in the store (after buying of course :) ). Another awesome issue. I really enjoyed the pacing after #48, but it's still a fast read. I'll read it again along with the letters column tonight. I'm a believer that you shouldn't have to put a spoiler alert when the title says "Discussion Thread", so there's your warning...

I did a double take on the first 2 pages. At first look I thought "hey that looks like Tyreese's head, but why are his eyes moving around? maybe it isn't him, just looks like him"... flip the page to Michonne putting her sword through the head - then a quick flip back to page one... and maaan, Kirkman pulls off another brutal Walking Dead moment, and to Michonne of all characters, who is already messed up times 10. Will Kirkman kill Rick after all? He already kicked us in the balls and stabbed our hearts during #48 - maybe this issue is just a quick breath and wind up for the bigger hit to come in #50. I love this book.

It's the only title I read right in the store (after buying of course :) ). Another awesome issue. I really enjoyed the pacing after #48, but it's still a fast read. I'll read it again along with the letters column tonight. I'm a believer that you shouldn't have to put a spoiler alert when the title says "Discussion Thread", so there's your warning...

I did a double take on the first 2 pages. At first look I thought "hey that looks like Tyreese's head, but why are his eyes moving around? maybe it isn't him, just looks like him"... flip the page to Michonne putting her sword through the head - then a quick flip back to page one... and maaan, Kirkman pulls off another brutal Walking Dead moment, and to Michonne of all characters, who is already messed up times 10. Will Kirkman kill Rick after all? He already kicked us in the balls and stabbed our hearts during #48 - maybe this issue is just a quick breath and wind up for the bigger hit to come in #50. I love this book.

SPOILERS AHEAD:

Agreed Brandon, I did a double-take and flip-back on that first page as well :headbang:

I'm really hoping Kirkman does NOT kill Rick in issue #50, but you never know. The ending of this issue sure didn't leave our hero looking to be in the best of shape! :eek: Oh, and I love this book as well!

This last issue did nothing for me... until the end.

Were you expecting a fast-paced "kill 'em all" like the last issue? I really enjoyed #49, as it gave the readers a breather from all of the chaos.

It will certainly be interesting to see what the milestone issue #50 brings, I can't wait! :headbang:

No, I expected a slow pace, but nothing like this issue. I read the book in like 120 seconds and it just didnt do much for me. Maybe it's because I read it after looking through 75 copies and not finding one without that printing defect :pullhair: . I do not think Rick is done although I believe Carl will go out on his own to look for help and/or medicine for his dad.

No, I expected a slow pace, but nothing like this issue. I read the book in like 120 seconds and it just didnt do much for me.
Yeah, it was definitely a quick read, but Robert Kirkman let Adlard's art do the talking for the most part, and it was very effective as far as I'm concerned!

I do not think Rick is done although I believe Carl will go out on his own to look for help and/or medicine for his dad.

Ditto, that is what I see happening as well (thumbs u