• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

No, I expected a slow pace, but nothing like this issue. I read the book in like 120 seconds and it just didnt do much for me. Maybe it's because I read it after looking through 75 copies and not finding one without that printing defect :pullhair: . I do not think Rick is done although I believe Carl will go out on his own to look for help and/or medicine for his dad.

Your average WD issue is a faster than average read as it is, but this issue definitely reads FAST. Like deamentia says in his review though, while Kirkman didn't have much talking, Adlard did great job - especially with the bathroom scene.

I didn't think about Carl going out on his own to look for help... it would fit the "All alone now." tag for issue #50. It would be a great way to start the book, then have Carl be too late at the end...

No, I expected a slow pace, but nothing like this issue. I read the book in like 120 seconds and it just didnt do much for me. Maybe it's because I read it after looking through 75 copies and not finding one without that printing defect :pullhair: . I do not think Rick is done although I believe Carl will go out on his own to look for help and/or medicine for his dad.

I haven't been to my LCS yet, so I'm at the mercy of my provider...the last two have been tuff tuff tuff...so where's the defect on this issue?

Oh and I agree with Danny...I expect slow...just not THIS. This type of storytelling is good for a few pages, but this went on for almost the entire issue. I think it was somewhat effective for Michonne (last several panels should've not been there imho). It came across as a snack...not very filling. Yes, it's a somber time, I get it.

It's on the top of the book around the word "The". Not sure exactly how it happened in the printer, but it appears like a couple of small finger nicks at the top of the book. Every copy had it.

I'm sure Steve would too, he's the one that emailed me the link this morning...
:headbang:

Can you guys tell me what you're talking about? I can't hit the eBay link from work......

It's one of the benefit auctions for Josh Medors!

That's right! Win this auction and you will be drawn as a zombie in an upcoming issue of The Walking Dead! All proceeds go directly to Josh Medors, bid with confidence!

To benefit Josh Medors in his time of need we’re auctioning off a chance to have you (yes YOU) appear in The Walking Dead as a zombie. You’ll get a good appearance, and a good kill, it’s not just a background thing–you’ll get a full appearance that people will see–I promise. So please, bid high and bid often, it’s for a good cause. -Robert Kirkman

It's on the top of the book around the word "The". Not sure exactly how it happened in the printer, but it appears like a couple of small finger nicks at the top of the book. Every copy had it.

I'm swinging by the LCS after my session with my therapist. Hopefully they can keep the voices away.

I'm swinging by the LCS after my session with my therapist. Hopefully they can keep the voices away.

lol

All of the copies at my LCS had it too. I've seen these marks before but they were usually located on the back cover immediately above or below the staples. IMHO CGC won't downgrade this as it is a production defect (and I have evidence of this from past submissions) but I know how anal you are. :baiting: