• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

A very cool interview with Robert Kirkman all about TWD on Comic Book Resources here

He talks about the creative process and tells about some things he had planned on happening in the book but changed as the writing dictated. A couple notes on the future:

Kirkman did drop one hint. "Charlie Adlard going to be drawing more buildings very soon.”

"In the real world, [there will be] more issues, more trade paperbacks and more hardcovers,” Kirkman continued. "The Book Four Hardcover containing issues #37-48 will be out this year, and our second deluxe hardcover, sometimes referred to as an Omnibus, containing issues #25-48 will also be out in time for Christmas this year.

:banana: Bob

A very cool interview with Robert Kirkman all about TWD on Comic Book Resources here

He talks about the creative process and tells about some things he had planned on happening in the book but changed as the writing dictated. A couple notes on the future:

Kirkman did drop one hint. "Charlie Adlard going to be drawing more buildings very soon.”

"In the real world, [there will be] more issues, more trade paperbacks and more hardcovers,” Kirkman continued. "The Book Four Hardcover containing issues #37-48 will be out this year, and our second deluxe hardcover, sometimes referred to as an Omnibus, containing issues #25-48 will also be out in time for Christmas this year.

:banana: Bob

Awesome, thanks for the link and info Bob :headbang:

Wow, this is awesome news!!! :o:applause::cloud9:

So at this point, I've got a roadmap that could take us to issue #300, assuming the readers want us around that long....Right now I feel like I could write this book for the rest of my life and be completely happy
Edited by EvilAsh

our second deluxe hardcover, sometimes referred to as an Omnibus, containing issues #25-48 will also be out in time for Christmas this year.

:applause:

The first Omnibus was a fantastic, over sized, 24 issue masterpiece. I can't wait for the 2nd one.

our second deluxe hardcover, sometimes referred to as an Omnibus, containing issues #25-48 will also be out in time for Christmas this year.

:applause:

The first Omnibus was a fantastic, over sized, 24 issue masterpiece. I can't wait for the 2nd one.

Ditto :headbang:

Hopefully they do another limited signed and numbered version as well :wishluck:

Thanks for the link Sterling!

I see no light at the end of the tunnel in terms of me leaving the book. I can see another four, five, ten years.

:banana: Adlard is perfect for this book!

Bob

BTW, for those wondering about the "Special Edition #1" issue that came out today...it was #1 reprinted, a quick page or so from Kirkman, the full -script for #1 in "raw" format...and a quick five page story board that was used to submit to get approval...it was of course drawn by Moore..very cool if not interesting in how these two characters appeared/acted early on.

BTW, for those wondering about the "Special Edition #1" issue that came out today...it was #1 reprinted, a quick page or so from Kirkman, the full -script for #1 in "raw" format...and a quick five page story board that was used to submit to get approval...it was of course drawn by Moore..very cool if not interesting in how these two characters appeared/acted early on.

Yes, the Special Edition of #1 is very cool! My favorite part about it is the original black and white line art of the original cover to #1 (drawn by Tony Moore, of course). You can see all of the different zombies much easier (in the reflection of the broken store-front window) than in the finished product. Also, the original 5-page pitch is very cool to see.....Tony Moore draws a VERY buff looking Rick in that :)

What an awesome week - there's the Comic Book Resources interviews with Kirkman, and Adlard already mentioned - plus at Newsarama there's Kirkman interview #1, Kirkman interview #2, and an Adlard interview tomorrow. AND Comic Book Resouces put up a preview of Walking Dead #50.

Thanks so much for the links Brandon, that preview for #50 has me mighty excited :headbang:

Yes, the Special Edition of #1 is very cool! My favorite part about it is the original black and white line art of the original cover to #1

Me too. The other WD original cover art I'm really curious to see is #9.

Yes, the Special Edition of #1 is very cool! My favorite part about it is the original black and white line art of the original cover to #1

Me too. The other WD original cover art I'm really curious to see is #9.

I think I have a picture of it somewhere....it belongs to Rick Remender (of Fear Agent fame)

I'll try to hunt it down if I can find it. It's not a close up (the art is hanging on Rick's wall), but it's still cool to see :)