• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

lol

What a dummy

even sadder he hasn't come back after his failure to put it in tags....

Na, not going too. The news has spread far and wide by now.

individual_without_enough_empathy

lol

What a dummy

even sadder he hasn't come back after his failure to put it in tags....

Na, not going too. The news has spread far and wide by now.

Why are you on the boards?

It's clearly not to be part of the community. You are often very negative and now you pull this *spoon* move. I don't care if you did it to try and be the first to break some news on the boards or just to be a *spoon*.

Just get lost.

I revealed no spoilers. Only advice to sell now before the value of those issues goes down.

Your curious minds are to blame.

I'm sure you're a nice guy or gal in the real world, but you surely seem to post nothing but "gotchas" and "pump and dump" vitriol that comes off as really really negative.

I forgive the obvious spoiler, but it wasn't cool

I'm super pumped to read this issue. Can you already buy it online ? I thought the 4th might delay things a day. (shrug)

holidays don't normally affect comic book day

IDK if I would I'd be so emphatic, there have been a few times in the past year where comics were delayed a half-day to a day at my LCS because Diamond shipped late either due to a holiday or weather issue. At least one of those delays led to me not getting some variants because the books weren't placed on the shelves until late afternoon.

I'm super pumped to read this issue. Can you already buy it online ? I thought the 4th might delay things a day. (shrug)

holidays don't normally affect comic book day

IDK if I would I'd be so emphatic, there have been a few times in the past year where comics were delayed a half-day to a day at my LCS because Diamond shipped late either due to a holiday or weather issue. At least one of those delays led to me not getting some variants because the books weren't placed on the shelves until late afternoon.

i'm always a bit surprised they're always on time after a Monday holiday...at least in this area.

I just finished reading it and...

...completely disappointed though not surprised. When are we going to get back to a few shock and awe moments ? Surprise me. Tyrese at the prison was a surprise and so was what happened to him later in the story. Rick's hand loss ? Huge f'n surprise. Lori and the kid ? Abe ? Glenn ? Especially Glenn, all big surprises. Issue 130 was another step in that direction and meeting Alpha was a shock. Walking talkies ? Very cool. Issue #144 made a enormous statement. I'm thinking " major changes on the way " and it looked like it might finally happen. But no....the King Joffrey and Ramsey Bolton-like character, Negan, will not go away. When do the good guys win ? Complete bummer that this guy sticks around for another issue and we lose an interestingly mysterious character.

I've loved this book for years but apparently, it isn't about the good guys anymore. If the story becomes all Negan, all the time, adios amigos. Rick should've killed him. Dwight should've killed him, Carl should've killed him, Alpha and Beta ( though they're weirdos too ) should've killed him. How in the hell did Maggie not kill him ? I'm never shocked or surprised that Negan has become the focal point of The Walking Dead. Hopefully, the next Star Wars will be entirely about Grand Moff Tarkon. Sheesh

I just finished reading it and...

...completely disappointed though not surprised. When are we going to get back to a few shock and awe moments ? Surprise me. Tyrese at the prison was a surprise and so was what happened to him later in the story. Rick's hand loss ? Huge f'n surprise. Lori and the kid ? Abe ? Glenn ? Especially Glenn, all big surprises. Issue 130 was another step in that direction and meeting Alpha was a shock. Walking talkies ? Very cool. Issue #144 made a enormous statement. I'm thinking " major changes on the way " and it looked like it might finally happen. But no....the King Joffrey and Ramsey Bolton-like character, Negan, will not go away. When do the good guys win ? Complete bummer that this guy sticks around for another issue and we lose an interestingly mysterious character.

I've loved this book for years but apparently, it isn't about the good guys anymore. If the story becomes all Negan, all the time, adios amigos. Rick should've killed him. Dwight should've killed him, Carl should've killed him, Alpha and Beta ( though they're weirdos too ) should've killed him. How in the hell did Maggie not kill him ? I'm never shocked or surprised that Negan has become the focal point of The Walking Dead. Hopefully, the next Star Wars will be entirely about Grand Moff Tarkon. Sheesh

While I agree Alpha was waxed too soon, I have to say "Yep. I called it a few months back," because somewhere buried back there I swore Negan was going to kill Alpha, then goes back into his cage (puts himself there, but close enough lol), but Beta is likely going to become something of a big, big bad once he finds out Negan off'd Alpha.

What will Rick's response be though?