• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

He may bring the trophy to Rick and show the masses he did what Rick couldn't. Then full Civil War.

I like it but it seems like a bit of a leap that anyone would trust him considering he was responsible for the exact same stuff not too long ago.

I love Art Adams, but this reminds me of a Mad magazine cover

Like this one.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/maditsmadfunny/images/f/ff/Mad011printid.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120207135530

I was thinking about this cover and in general all variant covers done by non-WD artist. I feel these artist really are in a tough spot. Moore and especially Adlard have burned the image of these characters we love into our brains. So when a different artist takes a crack at one of them it always seems a little "off".

rantrant over

I love Art Adams, but this reminds me of a Mad magazine cover

Like this one.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/maditsmadfunny/images/f/ff/Mad011printid.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120207135530

I was thinking about this cover and in general all variant covers done by non-WD artist. I feel these artist really are in a tough spot. Moore and especially Adlard have burned the image of these characters we love into our brains. So when a different artist takes a crack at one of them it always seems a little "off".

rantrant over

There's a few of the WW covers I think are awesome, also some of the issue 100 covers were great as well as some of the 100 Project covers... all work by other artists. This one by Art Adams though, is just "meh" IMO.

Issue 157 Art Adams variant cover

IMG_4792.jpg

I kind of like it with the exception of the tentacles in the hair (reminds me of Davy Jones from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies). If the hair could be tweaked to look a bit more realistic (and less alive) I'd be happier with it. 2c

Just wanting to let the board know that the 12 Team $75 Buy In Walking Dead Fantasy Football League that we have ran now for 4 or 5 seasons has a spot open. It is a 2 player keeper league and we lost bigclutch (Shawn) and one other player this season. If you are interested in joining PM me.

I can send over the team that you would be taking over along with explaining all the details of the league to you. The board members who are active in the league this year include myself and ebtorres, Triston Pence, @Captain_Sawyer, strezz_dout, cbalroman, AnthaiHERO, artistlost, Rmfn33, ComicsNYC22, and dhurley. Even though Shawn can not play in the league this season he will be throwing in for us a sweet CGC Graded Walking Dead comic for the winner.

This is one of the funniest leagues I have ever ran or been a part of and you will enjoy the competitiveness of the league.

EDIT: Looks like we are full now FlyingDonut took the final spot. I did post a new thread over in The Water Cooler in regards to running a 3rd league here on the boards (I run both the 12 team Walking Dead League and the 10 team CGC General league which both have been active now for 4 and 5 seasons with me as the commish). If anyone is looking for a league stop in over on the thread on the Water Cooler.

Edited by brendanb438