• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

Pretty cool to have the backdrop of Cynthia for the cover! Makes sense, of course...just really cool. I bet the owners of that Italian restaurant are stoked (I would be if I owned it, at least)!

Regarding the most recent issue:

Did anyone else think the reaction by Gabriel when he's in the tower was a bit overdone? After seeing his gasp, I was expecting to see hundreds of hundreds of walkers (or something worse) but instead it's like 80. Granted, there's a tree-line probably hiding some in the distance but it wasn't a massive herd or anything like we saw from the Whisperer's Camp earlier on. Gabriel does like to be a bit of an emotional basket case so maybe that's it...I was just expecting more based on his expression. 2c

I thought exactly the same thing when I read it. Certainly didn't look like an overwhelming number of walkers. I thought I missed something and looked all over the page for clues as to a different threat. (shrug)

I did the same thing. lol

Can't wait for part two.

Pretty cool to have the backdrop of Cynthia for the cover! Makes sense, of course...just really cool. I bet the owners of that Italian restaurant are stoked (I would be if I owned it, at least)!

Did anyone else think the reaction by Gabriel when he's in the tower was a bit overdone? After seeing his gasp, I was expecting to see hundreds of hundreds of walkers (or something worse) but instead it's like 80. Granted, there's a tree-line probably hiding some in the distance but it wasn't a massive herd or anything like we saw from the Whisperer's Camp earlier on. Gabriel does like to be a bit of an emotional basket case so maybe that's it...I was just expecting more based on his expression. 2c

I thought exactly the same thing when I read it. Certainly didn't look like an overwhelming number of walkers. I thought I missed something and looked all over the page for clues as to a different threat. (shrug)

as for the gabe reaction.... i was expecting him to see what Rick saw when Alpha brought him on on the roof

In regards to the Walking Dead Day- im not sure how its gonna work out- i live 45 minutes away- the town is about as big as a large shopping center- and now people are predicting over 10,000 visitors- if you arent in the city by 7 am- you will have to park your car in Georgetown Ky, and take a shuttle- i'll be in line at 8 am for the comic- its gonna be nuts!

From what I read on Facebook, they aren't allowing any cars, other than vendors, into the town and, yes, it looks small. The ONLY way to get there is the designated parking areas and then taking the shuttles.

I did the same thing. lol

Can't wait for part two.

He's fairly new at this.. I wonder if his reaction means that he's not as prepared as he thought he was

Great first issue to start the Whisperer War arc.

I'm really loving that variant set. I thought it was only two issues for some reason, now that I see its all six I might have to frame a set and hang it on the wall. Looks fantastic.

Great first issue to start the Whisperer War arc.

I'm really loving that variant set. I thought it was only two issues for some reason, now that I see its all six I might have to frame a set and hang it on the wall. Looks fantastic.

I'm getting these all slabbed to mount right under my Negan connecting cover set..

Only one boardie so far at TWD day. That's one happy boardie. ;)

-shawn

Went by the Skybound booth three times and you weren't there.

I'll upload some pictures for everyone once I get to my computer.

I stopped by and picked up a color Glenn/Negan set. The gentleman that waited on me looked like he was burning up and we talked about how out it was for a few seconds, so I didn't want to bother him and ask for Shawn.

Edited by strezz_dout

Only one boardie so far at TWD day. That's one happy boardie. ;)

-shawn

Went by the Skybound booth three times and you weren't there.

I'll upload some pictures for everyone once I get to my computer.

Did you leave?

-shawn

I stopped by and picked up a color Glenn/Negan set. The gentleman that waited on me looked like he was burning up and we talked about how out it was for a few seconds, so I didn't want to bother him and ask for Shawn.

If you're still here, come by. I'm at the booth.

-shawn

-shawn

Thanks brother, but I had to take off. My wife and 4 kids were ready to head to the hotel. Thanks for setting up there today though. I'm happy to have my new Negan and Glenn :)

-shawn

Thanks brother, but I had to take off. My wife and 4 kids were ready to head to the hotel. Thanks for setting up there today though. I'm happy to have my new Negan and Glenn :)

Shoot me a PM with your address.

-shawn