• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

What is the difference with the walking dead #1 black Mature content writing compared to the white?

Estimated print run, which means slightly more $ in some circles. If you search a few hundred pages back there was an in depth discussion on the subject.

Discussing latest issue, spoilers needed?

Anyone else feel like part 6 of 6 wasn't really the end of the whisperers war? Still got a mega-horde on the loose, Beta is in the wind, no closure on any front really except for hilltop burning to the ground.

(shrug)

Although I have to say,

Negan burying Lucille was a good moment. I assume we get the back story on the person behind the name in the Image+ Negan story. I'm waiting on all 12 parts before reading it, so no spoilers please!

I found the 3 set for $150 for the reg issue, then the 1:200 and 1:500. Is that the best price I'm going to find?

Order all 500 for retail of $125? get all the variants and a bunch of donations....

How to do that? lol

If anyone wants to buy 500 copies for me I have $125 + shipping ready, I'll get the variants + a dozen issues, you can keep the rest lol

Orders on this will be huge. Can you imagine any dealer NOT ordering $250 worth ?Super cheap and that would give them 7 variants on an order that size. This book is pushing itself into the top 10 each month without a 25 cent cover price. Any bets as to the final number ? My bet is placed at 500,000 plus.

+1 I agree this might bump a WD issue to top 5 sales with this .25 cent cover.

Sales for 163 won't chart since the price is less that $1.

-shawn

Yes, but the order numbers still get out. (thumbs u

24 sold in 24 hrs? How does this seller have so many?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332085449843

Since the preorder cutoff isn't until tomorrow couldn't the seller just adjust their orders to cover the amount of sales on eBay?

That's exactly what they are doing.

And right on cue, listings were pulled.

Good issue...was hoping for more excitement since it's the final issue for the War. But as seen in the last panel... excitement is definitely on it's way. Really love the Negan connecting cover, it's a gorgeous set when you put them up together. Bravo to the artist.

Agreed on all points! Was looking forward to finally connecting them all!

Ecx1tKUh.jpg

Wow. I jumped at the right time.

Sales won't chart.....

Hey guys we just presold 730,000 copies.

https://imagecomics.com/content/view/the-walking-dead-163-the-highest-ordered-comic-in-nearly-two-decades

They also didn't make any money on any single one of those copies. Hmm, possible they might have lost money, too. lol

Wonder if we'll be seeing copies of these for FCBD 2017 giveaway. lol

Edited by aerischan

I say congrats on the amount sold. As for making money I'm sure after the cost of printing that many books it hits the bottom line pretty hard.

Congrats to Image/Skybound and The Walking Dead! :banana:

Agreed. The Skybound guys rock ( especially Shawn ) and The Walking Dead is as good as it gets in comic books right now. (thumbs u

I found the 3 set for $150 for the reg issue, then the 1:200 and 1:500. Is that the best price I'm going to find?

Order all 500 for retail of $125? get all the variants and a bunch of donations....

How to do that? lol

If anyone wants to buy 500 copies for me I have $125 + shipping ready, I'll get the variants + a dozen issues, you can keep the rest lol

Orders on this will be huge. Can you imagine any dealer NOT ordering $250 worth ?Super cheap and that would give them 7 variants on an order that size. This book is pushing itself into the top 10 each month without a 25 cent cover price. Any bets as to the final number ? My bet is placed at 500,000 plus.

+1 I agree this might bump a WD issue to top 5 sales with this .25 cent cover.

Sales for 163 won't chart since the price is less that $1.

-shawn

Yes, but the order numbers still get out. (thumbs u

Wow did I underestimate!

And all those variants that people already paid for (tsk)

So that puts the 1:500 has a max of roughly 1,500 copies, and the 1:200 at roughly 3,600? Though it doesn't really mean that there a 1:500 for every 500 books sold, many stores didn't chase them, so the numbers are probably less than 1500/3600.

Doesn't seem so bad to me. (shrug)

Edited by Hickok8AA8

So that puts the 1:500 has a max of roughly 1,500 copies, and the 1:200 at roughly 3,600? Though it doesn't really mean that there a 1:500 for every 500 books sold, many stores didn't chase them, so the numbers are probably less than 1500/3600.

Agreed. Those numbers are not high at all for a WD variant. I think the biggest issue for LCSs and speculators ( :shy: ) is this - what the heck do you do with all of the regular copies? :tonofbricks:

Agreed. Those numbers are not high at all for a WD variant. I think the biggest issue for LCSs and speculators ( :shy: ) is this - what the heck do you do with all of the regular copies? :tonofbricks:

I'm going to read one of them. :D

I'm going to read one of them. :D

I'm gonna read one of them twice. ;)