• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, the authority said:

Thought it was a very good issue. Still hate Negan but he was less miserable this issue.  ^^

Ever since he broke out, he's kinda turned into an anti-hero to me.  I watch the TV show and I can't get myself to hate him even after what happened with Lucille.  I just know how he ends up and he is becoming a tad bit likable imho lol.

What a final page on 165! I think it's a gasp we've been due for.

I always enjoy when WD does those mini panels full of action shots. But its always difficult to keep my eyes from skipping to the next page and spoiling it for myself lol

Edited by punksdropdirtysrh

Shawn, I think I speak for the vast majority of us when I say that you make the boards a better place. 

As for the this thread ? It isn't dead...well, it is DEAD but not dead. :)

In my opinion, these boards are off right now because of a lack of new info coming into them. This is one of the last threads where an actual discussion of the story takes place. Read the first page on these boards and you you might have 6 threads revolving around 3 currently hot artists. These artist are highly thought of and deserve a spot. On the other hand, there are hundreds of comics coming out per month and the most popular conversations here other than TWD is 3 artists who don't even do interior art. Maybe that is reflective of the collectors of today.  Maybe the majority of collectors don't read the stories anymore. Impossible to say isn't it ? 

We've been here many times before but there is a difference now. When Frank Miller had his br about in art, it was with covers, interiors, and even as the writer. The original Image artists were getting the eyeballs on their product, they were also doing some of the interiors of those books. Same with Alex Ross. Anybody think he'd be so fondly remembered we're it not for Kingdom Come and Marvels ? 

You guys at TWD, Skybound, and Image are all putting out a lot of unique stories with anywhere from good to great art.  In fact, its a special time to be a reader. My guess is that we'll see readers, collectors, and speculators back on these boards in heavy numbers. Moderators on these boards are like good refs in boxing. You only know they exist if someone starts to act nuts. lol 

That's why this is, and always will be, the best place to share your thoughts. Only the finest people show up. (thumbsu

31 minutes ago, bigclutch said:

Anything we/I can do to help bring more life to this thread? I've always considered this group to be some of our superfans. And I love coming here as a fan, collector and business person. 

-shawn

Shawn, we appreciate all that you already do for this board and for the Skybound brand in general.  I think once everyone gets used to the new boards, there will be more action in this thread.  After seeing the cover to #168, I'm sure people will be talking about that issue.