• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

On 9/28/2017 at 10:20 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Do you guys think those Walking Dead variants for other Image titles will be available abundantly at comic shops or are they something that should be preordered online? 

As far as I know they were ‘order as many as you want’ so depending on your LCS they could have them. I’m pretty sure the big online sellers will have plenty of them. 

On 10/10/2017 at 8:38 PM, ebtorres said:

They can't all be winners... right? :baiting:

TWD is a book I still really enjoy month in and month out.

And yes, since the move to the new boards, this thread has been, for the most part, desolate.

It took me a while to start posting semi-regular again (in the OA forum) since the move to the new boards, and I have to admit that I haven't been on this thread for a long time :sorry: I'm still active in the hobby irrespective of my post count going up on here or not.

Was at the Lakes con in the UK this weekend and there were plenty enough TWD fans out there either brought in by the comics or the TV show. I had a chat with some that were primarily fans of the TV show and it sounded like they got drawn into the comic con thing after attending Walker Stalker con in London. Charlie was signing / sketching at the Factory Tap pub in Kendal which was a really small venue https://twitter.com/thefactorytap

Just the upstairs was being used for the signing, the line was constantly busy but it wasn't crowded out as it was a 10min walk away from the rest of the con and there were too many events on to be able to attend them all (so a lot of the usual suspects were occupied elsewhere). I'm pretty sure that it was a breath of fresh air for anyone turning up for Charlie compared to the breadth and scale of any of the big conventions. You could just hang out in a local pub, drink pints, chat and get a sketch with zero hassle. The only down side is that the town it takes place in is tucked away up in the North West of England which can make it a bit of a pain to get to.

Still enjoying the comic month on month, just wish I had the will power to save up several issues. I have always thought it reads a lot better across whole story arcs.

On 10/16/2017 at 9:14 AM, Garf said:

It took me a while to start posting semi-regular again (in the OA forum) since the move to the new boards, and I have to admit that I haven't been on this thread for a long time :sorry: I'm still active in the hobby irrespective of my post count going up on here or not.

Was at the Lakes con in the UK this weekend and there were plenty enough TWD fans out there either brought in by the comics or the TV show. I had a chat with some that were primarily fans of the TV show and it sounded like they got drawn into the comic con thing after attending Walker Stalker con in London. Charlie was signing / sketching at the Factory Tap pub in Kendal which was a really small venue https://twitter.com/thefactorytap

Just the upstairs was being used for the signing, the line was constantly busy but it wasn't crowded out as it was a 10min walk away from the rest of the con and there were too many events on to be able to attend them all (so a lot of the usual suspects were occupied elsewhere). I'm pretty sure that it was a breath of fresh air for anyone turning up for Charlie compared to the breadth and scale of any of the big conventions. You could just hang out in a local pub, drink pints, chat and get a sketch with zero hassle. The only down side is that the town it takes place in is tucked away up in the North West of England which can make it a bit of a pain to get to.

Still enjoying the comic month on month, just wish I had the will power to save up several issues. I have always thought it reads a lot better across whole story arcs.

...and I'd still love to get an Adlard sketch! I see that he does free head sketches all the time, but unfortunately not on the occassions when I've had the chance to greet him at NYCC. :( 

On 17/10/2017 at 5:38 PM, ebtorres said:

...and I'd still love to get an Adlard sketch! I see that he does free head sketches all the time, but unfortunately not on the occassions when I've had the chance to greet him at NYCC. :( 

Well. Nowadays they mostly aren't free but they are beyond reasonable at UK events. Will pop you a PM.

Barnes & Noble has a Here's Negan exclusive hardcover for $20 and it comes with a very nice exclusive WD #100, can't beat the price for sure!

You can see the spine and corners pretty good in the back of the package thru the shrinkwrap and mine looks to be a sharp 9.8

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=walking+dead+100+barnes&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xwalking+dead+100+barnes+nobl.TRS1&_nkw=walking+dead+100+barnes+noble&_sacat=0

On 10/19/2017 at 10:08 PM, Lonzilla said:

Barnes & Noble has a Here's Negan exclusive hardcover for $20 and it comes with a very nice exclusive WD #100, can't beat the price for sure!

You can see the spine and corners pretty good in the back of the package thru the shrinkwrap and mine looks to be a sharp 9.8

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=walking+dead+100+barnes&LH_Complete=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xwalking+dead+100+barnes+nobl.TRS1&_nkw=walking+dead+100+barnes+noble&_sacat=0

I got one from B&N too; the #100 variant seems to be in NM+ or better condition.

While I was at NYCC, I went to the Metropolis Comics Gallery to see James' collection. The collection is jaw dropping. Some truly amazing pieces of comic art and graded books. It was also a privilege to meet James in person. We've been friends on the boards for a few years, and it was great to put a face to the name and shake his hand. A genuine good dude.

-shawn

It was great to meet you Shawn... I'm glad you found the time , no doubt you were busy at the convention. It was awesome that cgc was there as well. First time I ever seen some of  my pieces hanging up on the wall,looked pretty cool..

There were few other board members there as well ..was nice to meet everyone. And it was the first time my wife got to look at the collection, lol.. 

Edited by James J

On 10/19/2017 at 10:08 PM, Lonzilla said:

Retailmenot has a 15% off coupon available for orders of $40.  Additionally, free shipping for orders of $25.  I picked up a few as a result.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:02 PM, James J said:

It was great to meet you Shawn... I'm glad you found the time , no doubt you were busy at the convention. It was awesome that cgc was there as well. First time I ever seen some of  my pieces hanging up on the wall,looked pretty cool..

There were few other board members there as well ..was nice to meet everyone. And it was the first time my wife got to look at the collection, lol.. 

lol

JJ, it's been a while since you been round these parts! I hope this auction does super-duper well for you!

I didn't visit the location to view the collection, yet, but I have until Dec. 1st. I definitely plan to visit at some point in the next couple of weeks.

(thumbsu 

Good book this month. The Beta reveal was a little underwhelming but the philosophy of it was interesting. 

Dwight needs to recognize a hottie when she’s right in front of him lol

Saw that next month will feature Negan...sweet! And I hadn’t heard about the New World Order story arc that had been announced at NYCC. I guess the book has some big changes coming! I’ll remain optimistic. 

Spoiler

I don't understand the point of revealing a new potential ongoing threat - Beta - then killing him off so soon after (same with Alpha).  I just don't understand the point of doing this so suddenly.  Can't a character besides Negan be a potential future threat???  Beta could have stayed gone for like 40 issues then came back with a vengeance...I mean the fight scene was awesome but seriously.

Also, the cover I was not fond of.  We all know Jesus is legendary but to see him so afraid when he clearly wouldn't be???   The art was good, but not an accurate representation of the character so not my cup of tea (kind of like the Rick going as Negan for Halloween cover).  Other than the pointless death of Beta I thought the issue was great.