• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

I agree that cover was very Meh. Haven’t been seeing a lot of impressive covers lately...the Princess one was cool though. Poor Charlie’s got his work cut out for him drawing the interiors and the cover. 

I liked the Princess cover, too, but it bugs me that she's a little off-center on it (why it bugs me is prob due to my OCDness - it's an awesome drawing, though).  I agree he probably has so much to draw that it's hard to be nit-picky.  I'm definitely still a fan of the art...I just don't like covers that misrepresent the characters 2c 

4 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I liked the Princess cover, too, but it bugs me that she's a little off-center on it (why it bugs me is prob due to my OCDness - it's an awesome drawing, though).  I agree he probably has so much to draw that it's hard to be nit-picky.  I'm definitely still a fan of the art...I just don't like covers that misrepresent the characters 2c 

I gotta disagree, I like the cover, it has an element that's been missing from most of the covers of late, maybe it's the inks or the coloring, but it looks like it can fit right in with the old WD logo covers. I hate hate hate the small logo that's been around since 127

10 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

I gotta disagree, I like the cover, it has an element that's been missing from most of the covers of late, maybe it's the inks or the coloring, but it looks like it can fit right in with the old WD logo covers. I hate hate hate the small logo that's been around since 127

Me too...I mean I guess it serves a purpose in indicating a time jump in the story...but the old logo was perfect...I hope they do some throwback variants with the old logo some day. 

20 hours ago, Lonzilla said:

I don't DISlike the cover, I just don't like the off-centeredness of Princess on it...if that makes sense.  It's like when you try to crop a pic on your iPhone and you crop one side too much and neglect the other side...it's more her legs than the torso...maybe it was so the Adlard box in the bottom right corner would fit in well...idk.  Either way, I do like the cover...I'm not sold on the Negan-esque girl character that is Princess, tho...time will tell if she'll be a player.  If she's like the other new characters she'll have a shelf-life of about 20 to 30 issues lol.  

Finally got caught up on about a year's worth of reading, this past weekend.  I was confused when I read 171, it seemed like the story just sort of ran out, and there was no letters column or anything. I noticed that I had a variant of 171 in my box, so I took a look at that, and realized the rest of the story was there. I assumed that the regular cover must have been misprinted or something, as the variant seemed to have a complete story. I had no idea about the pink sig variant thing. My shop is always cool to give me the variants at cover price, so I had no idea I was sitting on something hot at the time. As variants go, it's kind of a weird one, though. 

I haven't read the book for probably close to a year now (and I was reading via trades, so wasn't even current to that point).   Last I remember, Negan was in the holding cell and had been talking with Carl.  Maybe a volume or two past the "All Out War" trades.   

Can anybody fill me in from there to current?   Thanks in advance. 

On 11/28/2017 at 4:15 PM, ebtorres said:

Image result for tumbleweed gif

Really .... How can you auction off over 500 Walking Dead items and not hear a peep... Damn I knew I should of pimped my auction here.. nobody would of called me out for breaking the no advertising sale rule....lol

16 minutes ago, James J said:

Really .... How can you auction off over 500 Walking Dead items and not hear a peep... Damn I knew I should of pimped my auction here.. nobody would of called me out for breaking the no advertising sale rule....lol

lol yeah!

19 hours ago, James J said:

Thank you everyone that bid on my auction. The first one ended last night. Anyone here get anything?

Didn’t even know you had auctions going on..

Edited by rogue14
Grammar

2 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Didn’t even know you had auctions going on..

No worries...there is another one coming up in about 2 months it's going to have more art  and comics.....Plus I think we're going to have some regular monthly auction just for a bunch of foreign WD comics...