• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

On 8/12/2023 at 8:01 PM, captainzombie said:

While many that have been following this thread for as long as it has been active probably already have this book, but yesterday I was able to pickup TWD #19 CGC 9.8 at Fan Expo Chicago. I traded one of my Secret Wars 8 which was a newstand + mark jewelers in a CGC 9.4 along with a small amount of cash to one of the dealers. I could of sold the SW8 myself, but being able to trade for one of my modern day grails was worth it. Now from the big books in this series all I am pretty much missing from the collection is #1-5 which I hope to get over the next few years.

I’m a massive fan of 19.  My favorite cover from the series.  I thought about adding an Adlard sketch but I’m nervous something bad would happen.

On 8/15/2023 at 1:30 PM, captainzombie said:

Sorry, I should of been more clear. The ones that I have slabbed are:

• #6 (9.8)
  • #7 (9.8)
  • #8 (9.8)
  • #9 (9.8)
  • #10 (9.8) 
  • #25 (9.8)
  • #27 (9.8)
  • #33 (9.8)
  • #53 (9.8)
  • #61 (9.8)
  • #100 (9.8)
  • #193 (9.8)

All of the rest of the books are raw and I am missing about 50 books total from having a complete set.

It would be awesome to slab the entire series. When I got back into collecting comics, TWD was the one series I was set out to collect and then of course I got sidetracked. I'm also a ASM, Batman, and Spawn fan.....so you can only imagine how much I have gotten sidetracked. I bet the amount of money I spent on some of these other books, I could have finished up this collection along with having #1-5 in 9.8's. Taking a stupid detour and should of stayed focused.

I'm like you, and hopefully my kids can enjoy this stuff down the road.

I was fortunate when I got back into collecting in 2017 I only did TWD for 5 years until 2022.  That definitely helped me make major progress without being sidetracked.  It also allowed me to jump on good deals like runs and multiple graded books when the opportunity presented itself.  I put forward a pretty tough goal and I stuck to it.  Now I just have to track down 5 books that don’t come around very often and the wait is painful.

On 8/28/2023 at 4:00 PM, BladeTX said:

I was fortunate when I got back into collecting in 2017 I only did TWD for 5 years until 2022.  That definitely helped me make major progress without being sidetracked.  It also allowed me to jump on good deals like runs and multiple graded books when the opportunity presented itself.  I put forward a pretty tough goal and I stuck to it.  Now I just have to track down 5 books that don’t come around very often and the wait is painful.

It is great that you were able to focus and a series like TWD does need just that, FOCUS. I almost won a #3 l in 9.8 last night off of an eBay auction and lost it by $5 which sucks.

For some odd reason, it seems like TWD #4 is quite expensive. I am not sure if the print run on it is very low compared to some of the rest of the books in the first 5 books.

On 8/28/2023 at 3:40 PM, BladeTX said:

I’m a massive fan of 19.  My favorite cover from the series.  I thought about adding an Adlard sketch but I’m nervous something bad would happen.

19 is quite an awesome looking cover and overtime will be quite the iconic looking cover.

It looks like a never-before publicly seen (or sold as far as I can tell) TWD 1 9.9 has shown up in a ComicLink auction.  This is officially Cert number 17 of 26 known 9.9 examples.  Happy Bidding!

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dwalking%2Bdead%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item_1751804&id=1751804&itemType=0