• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I see absolutely no point in Image/Skybound doing this.  I went to my LCS yesterday to pull my books for purchase today and they already knew about the pink covers (but told me nothing about it).  It's getting old seeing this type of thing happening.  I'll just wait till these tank on eBay and get one graded at the cost of what the raws are going for now.  The green cover is bland compared to the normal cover anyway so I don't see this being crazy valuable or anything.  Plus, I was told it was like a 1:5 or 1:6 ratio which is nowhere near 'rare' compared to the other actual rare issues of TWD.  With thousands of these floating around, just be patient and get one in due time IMO (don't fall prey to the flippers).

This is just my 2 cents at least...

Totally makes sense to wait and see how the market reacts on pricing. I'm sure it'll settle down. Definitely not the rarest variant out there, but your numbers aren't correct. 

As for there being a point to this, I'd say this is the most eyes/posts this thread has seen since the migration. ;)

-shawn

On 9/6/2017 at 3:20 AM, Kevin76 said:

Yes cause getting more for your money is definitely wrong  

They extra pages are only in the variant.

Image tried to buck the system for a while. But apparently they gave up and joined back in the ranks.

2 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Totally makes sense to wait and see how the market reacts on pricing. I'm sure it'll settle down. Definitely not the rarest variant out there, but your numbers aren't correct. 

As for there being a point to this, I'd say this is the most eyes/posts this thread has seen since the migration. ;)

-shawn

Hey Shawn,

Trust me when I say I'm one of y'alls biggest fans when it comes to TWD, I just don't understand the need for an intentional pink sig variant.  I'll get one like I do every other TWD book out there, but I just didn't see the need for this one.  I also didn't like the retailers (or at least mine) pulling them earlier to make an extra quick buck on the customers.  Why could these not have been 'bagged' at least so it would have been less obvious to the retailers and eliminate the need for them to squeeze us out of more $?  Or just keep it a surprise to everyone so there could be no 'pull these early to make more on the customers' you know?  That's all I'm cranky about, tbh. :)   

Sidenote - this definitely did generate buzz on this thread but when the old boards were going this thread was poppin' so maybe the new boards have had more of an impact on the 'dead'ness of the thread than a lack of interest (because there's obviously a ton of interest in TWD around here with myself included).

Keep on cranking out some good books for us Image/Skybound fans!

SR

18 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I also didn't like the retailers (or at least mine) pulling them earlier to make an extra quick buck on the customers.  Why could these not have been 'bagged' at least so it would have been less obvious to the retailers and eliminate the need for them to squeeze us out of more $?  Or just keep it a surprise to everyone so there could be no 'pull these early to make more on the customers' you know?  That's all I'm cranky about, tbh. :)  

I totally agree with this; after it was leaked by RK, a lot of stores pulled the "pink" variants, so plenty of fans didn't have a chance at them without the inflated price. I think it'd have been really cool to keep it a surprise until after Wednesday... 

6 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

I liked Kirkman's tribute to George Romero in the letter hacks.

very cool

7 hours ago, ebtorres said:

I totally agree with this; after it was leaked by RK, a lot of stores pulled the "pink" variants, so plenty of fans didn't have a chance at them without the inflated price. I think it'd have been really cool to keep it a surprise until after Wednesday... 

Not sure what RK is but Bleeding Stool had a story.

15 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Not sure what RK is but Bleeding Stool had a story.

RK = Robert Kirkman aka writer of TWD (TWD = The Walking Dead). 

:D 

@ Bleeding Stool = :roflmao: 

Edited by ebtorres

Last night I was working one of the merch tables at The GBH show, a friend's band was playing the gig and since I had all access and knew I'd be backstage, I figured what the hell and brought a WD blank cover with me.

None of the guys in GBH are artists, but I didn't care and Colin, the singer, did a quick skull doodle for me. I'm thinking, cool, goes into my punk collection of stuff.

Well, Danzig was playing at the same time on the same block and as we're leaving my friend says, "Glenn's signing stuff, the bus is just around the corner." The line was really short since it was after 2:AM at this point.

We had to hand over whatever we wanted him to sign to his roadie (1 item) who then took the stuff on the bus and would come back out in a few minutes. I wrote a quick note to give to him with the GBH sketch cover, saying how I used to work in a record shop in town that he'd always shop at and my fiance works at one of his favorite spots he used to hit up, and would he please draw a quick small skull on the front.

So, I'm expecting to have a GBH / Danzig combo cover with 2 minute long doodles on the front. When the roadie handed it back to me, and I saw the back of the cover I was in awe. I guess he read my note

WD-COLINandMe.jpg

WD-COLIN-GBH.jpg

WD-DANZIG.jpg

Keeping with my WD blanks done by punk bands theme, I saw The Accused AD play tonight and got a doodle from Blaine.

It's not the quality of the art, I mean not everyone can be Away from Voivod obviously, it's just having it and that moment in time.

I'm going to see Stiff Little Fingers on Wednesday, prob take a blank with me.

BLAINE-WD.jpg

BLAINEandME.jpg

Edited by Lonzilla
it's late and I can't spell