• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

Only one boardie so far at TWD day. That's one happy boardie. ;)

-shawn

Went by the Skybound booth three times and you weren't there.

I'll upload some pictures for everyone once I get to my computer.

Did you leave?

-shawn

At my girlfriends families house in Paris. May come back by before it closes down.

Shawn I saw you one time at sdcc and every time I came back to the booth you were busy or gone :( . Finally got my pin while you were at the retailers bfast.

Clutch is always busy at SDCC lol

-shawn

Went by the Skybound booth three times and you weren't there.

I'll upload some pictures for everyone once I get to my computer.

Did you leave?

-shawn

At my girlfriends families house in Paris. May come back by before it closes down.

I'll be here until the thing closes. And beyond. ;)

-shawn

Wish I could have made it.. we were all set to take the 4 hour drive this morning when a family emergency came up.

Wish this was an annual event so at least I could say "I'll make it next year"

Definitely would have stopped by the Skybound booth.

Oh well, looked like an awesome event.. glad everyone had a good time!

I wonder what condition the books on ebay will be in. It was a hot sweaty day and a lot of people were throwing them in big white bags that were provided. I was waiting in line at one point and the guy behind me said he was going to sell it. He had it rolled up like a newspaper.

-shawn

That was me! AWESOMESAUCE, Shawn. Nice to meet you and THANK YOU! Above and beyond, above and beyond, above and beyond...

It was 7AM and Skybound was unpacking when I cornered Shawn and started talking comics, mostly Birthright.

What a wild event, it was a Walking Dead street fair. It was surreal to see the lines go from the hundreds in the morning to thousands by 10AM. Took me 2 hours to get the Walking Dead 1, Cynthiana, Kentucky edition. The line went blocks and blocks (miles?) and was rumored to be in the thousands.

image.jpg

I have a bunch of pics up here: https://www.instagram.com/dan_piercy/

Thank you, again, Shawn!!!

Edited by dpiercy

I wonder what condition the books on ebay will be in. It was a hot sweaty day and a lot of people were throwing them in big white bags that were provided. I was waiting in line at one point and the guy behind me said he was going to sell it. He had it rolled up like a newspaper.

My copies went straight into bags/boards; they had dog ear corners. Heard there were six thousand given away in line today. TOTAL HEARSAY, 9.8s may go for a premium. We'll see...

My copies went straight into bags/boards; they had dog ear corners. Heard there were six thousand given away in line today. TOTAL HEARSAY, 9.8s may go for a premium. We'll see...

Great meeting you as well.

There was definitely 10k copies. My guys and I delivered them ourselves.

-shawn

Man I don't think I've ever stood in line so long before. Arrived at 11am, left at 8pm and all that time stood in 3 lines. Robert kirkman was super cool, he signed early and really late. Had people knocking on the door begging if he could continue to sign for them even way after the schedule time. I believe signing ends at 3pm, he was still there at 8pm. Tony moore was super cool too.

I just picked up a Cover B ( Adams ) of 157 from my LCS

Looks even nicer in hand.

I think I'll get a set of 9.8's of these. They will look awesome.

Was 157 under-ordered? Are you guys all seeing sell outs in your local area?