• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

'You should have whispered....'

Awesome sauce!

MAJOR SPOILER - DO NOT LOOK IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS ISSUE

And finally the cowardly Gabriel gets his just deserts!

Disappointed myself

This direct attack into the firing range? no flanking? no attack from behind? And all the leaders and whisperers included in the charge?

Neagan may have done Rick a real deed getting rid of Alpha ......................................cause Mc'twokinives is no strategist.

Disappointed myself

This direct attack into the firing range? no flanking? no attack from behind? And all the leaders and whisperers included in the charge?

Neagan may have done Rick a real deed getting rid of Alpha ......................................cause Mc'twokinives is no strategist.

It seemed that the Whisperers were not only unable to flank but they were fighting uphill with both sides surrounded by foliage and trees. They were essentially fighting in a funnel. Bad idea, especially when numbers are your only advantage. Kidnapping and infiltration into a growing, accepting, and unsuspecting community appears to have been their one and only strength other than the element of surprise. All of their edges were lost in the issue in which they made pikes into head stands.

The first scene was excellent. The last page was disappointing and expected...again. Everything about this story clicks when people are vulnerable. Negan's character seems anything but...its a minor annoyance but it seems every issue is revolving around one of the 2 worst villains in TWD run.

I thought the end of the issue (Negan VS Beta) implies a possible death of one of the two of them next issue (I really hope it's not Negan and I really hope it's not Beta as he's just 4 issues old at this point). Hopefully it will end in a way other than one of them dying so we can actually keep a character for a few issues. I thought it was ridiculous for Gabriel to go out like that. I mean, could he not have just stayed on top of the tower till the walkers passed? He didn't know who the Whisperers were in the group and had they tried to climb the tower he could have just shot them. Why train him to be a spotter and a sniper just to have him pansy out and get his leg caught on the way down. I'm not a Gabriel fan, so I don't mind him going out...but why train him to be a soldier just to waste that mini-plotline.

It also seems that Beta is really good at sneaking up on people...almost too good. Give me a rifle in the middle of that fray and I guarantee no Walker or Whisperer is getting close enough to stab me (just sayin').

I'm not a Gabriel fan, so I don't mind him going out...but why train him to be a soldier just to waste that mini-plotline.

I always liked how TWD killed off characters mid-plotline. Just like real life, you leave loose ends when you get disemboweled by a homicidal maniac dressed as a zombie.

I'm not a Gabriel fan, so I don't mind him going out...but why train him to be a soldier just to waste that mini-plotline.

Because Kirkman loves walking you down a road that leads into the exact opposite of what it appears to be. He's used this technique multiple times on both TV and in the comics.

I'd say that Negan survives the war, with him on the TV show this coming season there's no way he gets bumped off

The governor was killed off before the show even started.

Had Kirkman known what a success the show would have been, maybe he'd have kept The Governor around longer. Although TV Gov was nowhere near as vicious and nasty as comic Gov.

They're going to be marketing Negan like crazy in the next couple of years, they know a cash cow when they see it

I'd say that Negan survives the war, with him on the TV show this coming season there's no way he gets bumped off

Had Kirkman known what a success the show would have been, maybe he'd have kept The Governor around longer. Although TV Gov was nowhere near as vicious and nasty as comic Gov.

They're going to be marketing Negan like crazy in the next couple of years, they know a cash cow when they see it

Knowing that everyone is the next potential person to die makes the book and the show a success. Otherwise, this is just One Life to Live with zombies. 2c

Comic governor was so awesomely evil and nasty. Brian blake way better than tv show version.