• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

I need to catch up, I think I stopped reading after #110 or sooner.  Is the new stuff any good?

Also, just killin' time until the WD #1 black label ends on fleabay.....looks like it ended at $3,550 with back to back snipes under 10 seconds, the last $3,550 bid being in the last second, oooohhhh!  Is that a new record for a Uni?

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

In a way, the TV show version of the Andrea character kind of "osmotically" spoiled the comic-based Andrea for me. She was so useless in the series that her badassery in the comics seemed to dissipate a little. I was left feeling meh about the character overall, but sad to see her go for sure. And Kirkman's letter at the end was touching.

Is there a market for lower/mid grade books from the beginning of the series?

Or are we in the 9.8 or bust age?

Edited by Hado

18 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

I think so, there are a number of guys out there working on the Walking Dead run.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of them on eBay.

There's definitely a market for WD 1-20 and a few after that aren't 9.8.

That's a broad question though, so that's a broad answer. 

An example, I'll grade any of the first 6 in 9.4 or better. After that 19 and 27 are the only ones outside of variants that I'll fool with. It just depends on what you consider acceptable profit wise with grading costs. They do sell, just at a pretty decent discount off of their 9.8 counterparts. 

17 minutes ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

There's definitely a market for WD 1-20 and a few after that aren't 9.8.

That's a broad question though, so that's a broad answer. 

An example, I'll grade any of the first 6 in 9.4 or better. After that 19 and 27 are the only ones outside of variants that I'll fool with. It just depends on what you consider acceptable profit wise with grading costs. They do sell, just at a pretty decent discount off of their 9.8 counterparts. 

Thanks guys, I figured it was a bit of a broad question, but you pretty much answered it spot on.

I wasn't sure if grading was worth it, because of the condition they're probably suited better for a raw collector just looking to fill the run.

I'm trying to finish 1-25...need 1 (which is gonna take a bit without a miracle) 3, 5, 7,8, 19, 20-23, 25. I'm not a high grade stickler for them...I bought #6 for $40 and it had some scratches on the cover. Better than $100+. I just like having the first prints. My local just put a #5 on the wall with a price of $50. I said that can't be right since all their other Dead books are priced GPA or higher. But after looking at it the edges look like the suffered some sort of tape pull situation. I didn't buy it but I'll probably go back for it. Normally it's at least a $100 book.

5 hours ago, Hado said:

There doesn't seem to be a lot of them on eBay.

Low grade are probably hard to find, most buyers likely stored them in bags and boards as soon as they bought them.

We sold our #2 at the last show and a 1/2 dozen between 8 and 50 at the last few shows.  I know guys are working on the sets but I don't know how many would purchase mid to low grade copies.

I brought them out today, they're in better shape than I remembered.

I think the lowest grade would be a #6 that's a 7.5 and an #8 that's an 8.5

The rest are 9.0 and up.

Edited by Hado

There's definitely a market for every grade walking dead 1-20. 27 and 33 also sell good as well as 48. I personally love everything comic governor so I got 27 to 33 and 43 to 48. Also have 1-20 except for a few. 9.4 was the lowest graded copy I sought and raw 9.0ish. The market is a little stagnant right now on prices but likely will rise in October when people become interested in the show again and new collectors join the fray.

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, longisland said:

Hello,

Checking in after a long absence.  

It seems prices on slabs have slipped a little over the last two years.

Any feedback?

Thanks,

G.

Not sure where you are seeing this at? Maybe non keys but you have that with any comic run

Why is Walking Dead 154 experiencing such a sales uptick the last couple days? First Beta of course, but was there an announcement I missed? Has been tumbleweeds on that book for a couple months

Edited by GLCBrad