• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 6:59 AM, longisland said:

Hello,

Checking in after a long absence.  

It seems prices on slabs have slipped a little over the last two years.

Any feedback?

Thanks,

G.

I don't see that. #1 in CGC 9.8 condition is selling consistently for $3,000 and #2 is selling for $1,400. 

38 minutes ago, the authority said:

Issue #168 was outstanding. 

Hide contents

Pretty cool ? Negan based story. The last page was, just like the issue preceding it, sad as hell. 

Looking forward to the next one. 

Seconded, great issue. Love Negan's colorful choice of words. I'm glad he rejects going back to the "old ways."

22 hours ago, Nexus said:

WD fans, I did a podcast with Robert Kirkman where we talked original art. Check it out here:

http://felixcomicart.libsyn.com/

He also did an art show-and-tell video:

The man LOVES original art and I think the enthusiasm really comes through. He was a great guest, hope you enjoy!

Great job Felix! 

-shawn

On 3/21/2017 at 3:45 PM, comicsnyc22 said:

I need to go back and reread everything from issue one. I can't believe TWD is approaching 200 issues! 

I know this is an old post, but I just got caught up on almost 2 years worth of comics. They've been piling up and I just haven't been reading for some reason. 

TWD was a blast to read in one sitting. Shame to see what just happened...

I was surprised to see how close we are to issue 200 though. It seems like 100 just came out. This pacing of the book always blows my mind. It feels like nothing is happening, but then a ton of mess happens. 

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

Any thoughts on the latest issue?  I was surprised to see 

Spoiler

Rick be so callous with Dwight...and threatening.  I like how he still thinks he could take out pretty much anyone when he barely survived against Sherry, that kid a few issues back, etc.  I think at this point Dwight could take him out if he wanted to...I just hope this doesn't mean the end of Dwight is coming. :sumo:

15 hours ago, bigclutch said:

Hey All! If anyone is heading to SDCC, stop by the booth (2729) and say hello!

Also, we're doing a signing with the Shiva Force cover artist Jason Edmiston on Thurs from 11-11:45a. It's a great time to get a sig on some books!

-shawn

I'm not up that early. But I'll be by to give you hell later on. 

Be on the lookout for variants of the variant with tomorrow's issue.  It is being reported that 1 in 7 of the variant covers has a pink signature in the lower right and that those issues also have 7 extra pages of story content.

I have no problems with the unannounced variant but to add 7 pages of content to it is just wrong.  I am hoping this is a mistake.

5 hours ago, pjray55 said:

Be on the lookout for variants of the variant with tomorrow's issue.  It is being reported that 1 in 7 of the variant covers has a pink signature in the lower right and that those issues also have 7 extra pages of story content.

I have no problems with the unannounced variant but to add 7 pages of content to it is just wrong.  I am hoping this is a mistake.

Yes cause getting more for your money is definitely wrong  

2 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

Yes cause getting more for your money is definitely wrong  

Really?  Getting more for your money?  Being forced to chase a variant that is now selling for $80 is what's wrong if you want to have those 7 pages in print for your collection. So if spending an extra $77 for 7 pages is more for your money in your eyes I guess you are right

Edited by pjray55
Trying to type with big fingers on a phone

14 hours ago, pjray55 said:

Kirkman tweeted about this yesterday; it is not a print error it was purposely done. So, I went to Midtown this morning only to find out they pulled all the "pink" variants yesterday; they never hit the shelves, so I didn't even have a chance to score a copy for my collection. :(

...and I don't even wanna check eBay prices right now!

Edited by ebtorres

6 hours ago, pjray55 said:

Really?  Getting more for your money?  Being forced to chase a variant that is now selling for $80 is what's wrong if you want to have those 7 pages in print for your collection. So if spending an extra $77 for 7 pages is more for your money in your eyes I guess you are right

Those 7 pages are the first 7 pages of issue 172. So they'll be available next month.

-shawn