• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, pjray55 said:

so the digital edition you bought had the 7 extra pages and you are confirming?

No, the digital edition only has the pages from 171.

Chuck was referring to people who stay up until midnight and read the digital version of a comic before they go tot he store to buy the physical copy on Wednesdays. They could be counted as some of the "biggest fans".

Don't personally care about pages, as far as when they become available....unless I don't make it to next month. Then I'm gonna be pissed lol

Spoiler

Loved this issue. Interesting character who seems more what one would hope to find in the apocalypse. I hope she sticks around... 

Edited by the authority

20 hours ago, pjray55 said:

Be on the lookout for variants of the variant with tomorrow's issue.  It is being reported that 1 in 7 of the variant covers has a pink signature in the lower right and that those issues also have 7 extra pages of story content.

I have no problems with the unannounced variant but to add 7 pages of content to it is just wrong.  I am hoping this is a mistake.

Wait. I'm confused. Which issue has the extra pages?

1 hour ago, Kevin76 said:

Don't bother chasing it, it'll tank soon enough  

We'll see it'll be on low priority status...

1 hour ago, pjray55 said:

no, those would be unemployed biggest fans at a store who didn't hear about this on Tuesday and didn't pull the copies to sell on eBay

I'm actually in between jobs right now... it was a nice little distraction chasing it down today...

12 minutes ago, D-Optimist said:

We'll see it'll be on low priority status...

I'm actually in between jobs right now... it was a nice little distraction chasing it down today...

I am sorry, that in no way was directed at you or anyone in particular - it was meant with sarcasm and looking back not appropriate 

best of luck with the job search and I agree comics and or the search are often a nice distraction

10 hours ago, ebtorres said:

Kirkman tweeted about this yesterday; it is not a print error it was purposely done. So, I went to Midtown this morning only to find out they pulled all the "pink" variants yesterday; they never hit the shelves, so I didn't even have a chance to score a copy for my collection. :(

...and I don't even wanna check eBay prices right now!

Same here.  Me and my two buddies hit three LCS right when they opened the doors and there was zero pink covers available.  Obviously they were pulled which is probably what happened in most LCS.

I see absolutely no point in Image/Skybound doing this.  I went to my LCS yesterday to pull my books for purchase today and they already knew about the pink covers (but told me nothing about it).  It's getting old seeing this type of thing happening.  I'll just wait till these tank on eBay and get one graded at the cost of what the raws are going for now.  The green cover is bland compared to the normal cover anyway so I don't see this being crazy valuable or anything.  Plus, I was told it was like a 1:5 or 1:6 ratio which is nowhere near 'rare' compared to the other actual rare issues of TWD.  With thousands of these floating around, just be patient and get one in due time IMO (don't fall prey to the flippers).

This is just my 2 cents at least...

4 hours ago, pjray55 said:

I am sorry, that in no way was directed at you or anyone in particular - it was meant with sarcasm and looking back not appropriate 

best of luck with the job search and I agree comics and or the search are often a nice distraction

all good man no offense taken at all... i typed that in joking manner actually...

once again no worries... got a job interview scheduled should be smooth...

still no pink variant though! lol hahaha

10 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

I see absolutely no point in Image/Skybound doing this.  I went to my LCS yesterday to pull my books for purchase today and they already knew about the pink covers (but told me nothing about it).  It's getting old seeing this type of thing happening.  I'll just wait till these tank on eBay and get one graded at the cost of what the raws are going for now.  The green cover is bland compared to the normal cover anyway so I don't see this being crazy valuable or anything.  Plus, I was told it was like a 1:5 or 1:6 ratio which is nowhere near 'rare' compared to the other actual rare issues of TWD.  With thousands of these floating around, just be patient and get one in due time IMO (don't fall prey to the flippers).

This is just my 2 cents at least...

+1, great job.