• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

On 6/21/2018 at 2:40 AM, cbalroman said:

Four of each of the 15 editions coming 10 October 2018 - 60 comics in total - as follows and in the following proportions - Coloured (1:2 / 50% chance), Coloured virgin (1:4 / 25%), Sketch (15%), Sketch virgin (1:10 / 10% chance).

Edited by StephenWA
Correction

10 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Four of each of the 15 editions coming 10 October 2018 - 60 comics in total - as follows and in the following proportions - Coloured (1:2 / 50% chance), Coloured virgin (1:4 / 25%), Sketch (15%), Sketch virgin (1:10 / 10% chance).

Where was this info posted?

On 8/26/2018 at 7:21 AM, StephenWA said:

I'm curious where this info came from as well - how do you know this is accurate?

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

A #1 9.8 from another company ended just over the $2k mark.

I thought the bottom was falling out on this as some had claimed on here?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/money/inside-amc-networks-e2-80-99-plan-to-make-e2-80-98walking-dead-e2-80-99-live-forever/ar-BBNy0op

This link was just posted in comics general......

36 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting, but it looks like that story came out 5 hours ago.

The auction on the 9.8 ended two days ago and it was from the least reputable company.

6 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
44 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Interesting, but it looks like that story came out 5 hours ago.

The auction on the 9.8 ended two days ago and it was from the least reputable company.

Interesting, but ya maybe it is just holding value...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/17/2018 at 6:14 PM, 1p36DSA said:

says error when you go to link......

I was in my comic shop today (in the UK). They said that they had already received some of "the new Walking Dead Day" comics already, but that "they were sworn to secrecy" and could not show them to me. I know the boss there well, and I believed him. I guess Walking Dead Day is only 24 days away...

I was looking at the registry today, and noticed that of the (I read somewhere) 7266 printed/released copies of The Walking Dead #1 from 2003, over 40% (2958) have been graded by CGC. As a new(ish) comic collector, that seems a pretty huge proportion to me given the time between the release and the TV show. Are there any other comics where so many (in percent) have been graded?

1 hour ago, StephenWA said:

I was in my comic shop today (in the UK). They said that they had already received some of "the new Walking Dead Day" comics already, but that "they were sworn to secrecy" and could not show them to me. I know the boss there well, and I believed him. I guess Walking Dead Day is only 24 days away...

Would make sense as to why the story got pulled. Guess it was an oops for the store. I was lucky to catch a glimps then. Need to wait now.

There’s a picture somewhere on the forum with a picture of the JSC variant that another boardie posted. Don’t remember which thread though. 

Edited by rogue14
Verbiage