• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,446 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, 50 Cent #II (1st) said:

After watching Sunday night's episode I went on eBay and bought up a couple 9.8 of #127 due to the time jump and a bunch new characters for possible investment.  Anyone else feel the same?

There is always room for investment but there are a ton of 127's out there (at least from what I've seen) so while I hope you're right it depends on supply & demand (but then again if it becomes popular enough it'll skyrocket).  2c

2 hours ago, Awax said:

127 was a time when a lot of new flippers were joining the game. .  Many folks preordered a lot of that book. 

Yes, and if one or more of the new TV characters becomes popular, then this book has a better chance than most of becoming hot and going up in value.

OK, so based on what we saw at the end there is no reason to think rick is actually dead. He seemed to be doing pretty well actually. But obviously they can't bring him back for a long time. And he must not be able to get out of wherever he is if he is not back yet with Judith at age 9 or whatever. Unless the helicopter scene is just his comatose death dream. Not sure why every bone in his body would not be broken at this point.

3 hours ago, Awax said:

127 was a time when a lot of new flippers were joining the game. .  Many folks preordered a lot of that book. 

I think that happened in a bigly way at issue 100 already. So the bllnd bag 127s are later reprints with different covers? Any potential there?

1 hour ago, the blob said:

OK, so based on what we saw at the end there is no reason to think rick is actually dead. He seemed to be doing pretty well actually. But obviously they can't bring him back for a long time. And he must not be able to get out of wherever he is if he is not back yet with Judith at age 9 or whatever. Unless the helicopter scene is just his comatose death dream. Not sure why every bone in his body would not be broken at this point.

I think that's where the major motion picture or multiples of are going to start from.

AMC announced Rick Grimes Trilogy of movies. High budget made for AMC TV. I personally can't wait! The show is not what it used to be, Gimple is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person but look forward to how they do the movies and more spin-offs.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

There is always room for investment but there are a ton of 127's out there (at least from what I've seen) so while I hope you're right it depends on supply & demand (but then again if it becomes popular enough it'll skyrocket).  2c

I like the book a lot in the series and the new characters.  I decided to part with $110 and got #127 in Signatures Series signed by Kirkman and Adlard (plus in a nice new holder)

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:23 PM, the blob said:

In the Talking Dead after show, Gimple commented that there will be AMC-produced Walking Dead movies in the future and there is a strong likelihood that we will see Rick again. 

Edited by BladeTX

Looks like Mollie has been busy adding all these 15th Anniversary issues to the Walking Dead Complete with Variants set.  Looks like all the individual store variants of #1 are there 136 of them!   When you add in the 65 blind bag books, it looks like this set is going to go from ~425 to 600 books.   Anyone bold enough to try and get 9.8 Signature Series for all 201 of these variants?   Good lord, that is one crazy amount of books added in a single day event.

Did anyone else besides myself and BladeTX read the newest issue?  It was kind of a big one...and caused something to come full circle.  That's about as cryptic as I can be without making it too revealing.  It was a great issue, I thought!  Thoughts anyone???

7 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Did anyone else besides myself and BladeTX read the newest issue?  It was kind of a big one...and caused something to come full circle.  That's about as cryptic as I can be without making it too revealing.  It was a great issue, I thought!  Thoughts anyone???

Agree - great issue.  Kirkman is hitting his stride again.   And my first letter submitted to Letter Hacks got published!   I'm the guy asking them to do Issue 200 in full color cover to cover.   So I'll take credit if they actually do it :bigsmile:

Edited by BladeTX

8 hours ago, BladeTX said:

Looks like Mollie has been busy adding all these 15th Anniversary issues to the Walking Dead Complete with Variants set.  Looks like all the individual store variants of #1 are there 136 of them!   When you add in the 65 blind bag books, it looks like this set is going to go from ~425 to 600 books.   Anyone bold enough to try and get 9.8 Signature Series for all 201 of these variants?   Good lord, that is one crazy amount of books added in a single day event.

Mollie has not added the all yet. There are 157 store variants, the generic Retailer variant, the Walking Dead Day Special (Two Day Special) and the x65 Bling Bag Books. The complete set size will increase by 224 books...

3 hours ago, StephenWA said:

Mollie has not added the all yet. There are 157 store variants, the generic Retailer variant, the Walking Dead Day Special (Two Day Special) and the x65 Bling Bag Books. The complete set size will increase by 224 books...

In some sense it is ridiculous, but I suppose they are giving fans A LOT of options. I wonder how many people read/collect the comics as fans of the show, but don't buy any other titles? 

1 hour ago, the blob said:

In some sense it is ridiculous, but I suppose they are giving fans A LOT of options. I wonder how many people read/collect the comics as fans of the show, but don't buy any other titles? 

Me.   I started watching the show and fell in love with it immediately.   My wife bought me Compendium 1 for Christmas and over time I read Compendiums 2 and 3.   I am kicking myself for not buying the comics until Issue #166.   I used to collect comics when I was much younger and absolutely love TWD.   I have back-collected from issue 20-current in raw and have a growing collection in the CGC Registry for TWD Issues #1-48.  I'm #18 now but have a significant upgrade on the way that will move me up quite a bit

OK, I realized I lied.  My son and I are both Stephen King fans of The Stand so I bought us that series.  I also thought it would be cool to read Avengers vs X-Men so picked those up for $20.  But I'm not collecting anything new except TWD.

5 hours ago, StephenWA said:

When you look at the Skybound list of the store variants, several have multiple stores (one even has 6 if I recall).  But Mollie only added one for each so perhaps that is the difference?

1 hour ago, BladeTX said:

Me.   I started watching the show and fell in love with it immediately.   My wife bought me Compendium 1 for Christmas and over time I read Compendiums 2 and 3.   I am kicking myself for not buying the comics until Issue #166.   I used to collect comics when I was much younger and absolutely love TWD.   I have back-collected from issue 20-current in raw and have a growing collection in the CGC Registry for TWD Issues #1-48.  I'm #18 now but have a significant upgrade on the way that will move me up quite a bit

OK, I realized I lied.  My son and I are both Stephen King fans of The Stand so I bought us that series.  I also thought it would be cool to read Avengers vs X-Men so picked those up for $20.  But I'm not collecting anything new except TWD.

I figure there is definitely a group of people buying the TPBs who have no interest in other comics, just wondering whether their comic buying counterparts would care about a billion different covers or is that a "comic collector" thing. Seems like some might jump out..Like the #100 Michonne slicing the zombie head off would have a lot of appeal beyond just comic collectors, but some of the other covers, not so much.