• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
12 12

40,446 posts in this topic

I liked it, it was just a short read..... :P

Actually, I expected a bit more out of a landmark issue (shrug)

I still loved the art, and the mood Charlie is able to set with his illustrations and the character's facial expressions was outstanding!

keep saying it you will believe it lol Charlie had plenty of room to draw the facial expressions on that over sized watermelon of a head the kid has

keep saying it you will believe it lol Charlie had plenty of room to draw the facial expressions on that over sized watermelon of a head the kid has
:blahblah:

Go fondle your Kitson art

I agree with Ash here, I was expecting a bit more. What happened with Michonne? Having Carl take on zombies solo was cool, it just would have nice to see more. At least I got a variant cover.

Back when Rick lost his hand, I didn't think I would like the series anymore. I was ready to drop it, however I just couldn't bring myself to stop reading it. I just had to know what was going to happen next. When The Governor got his coming around, I thought, now I'll stop reading it, there's nothing more to tell. WRONG again. This book just gets better and better.

:cloud9:

I liked it, it was just a short read..... :P

Actually, I expected a bit more out of a landmark issue (shrug)

I still loved the art, and the mood Charlie is able to set with his illustrations and the character's facial expressions was outstanding!

Actually, the kid's expressions reminds me A LOT like Carol...kinda freaky when Carl had that sheet eating grin after killing the zombies.

This issue....wow...nothing happened...the biggest thing is that they are showing us what the impact of this terrible environment is having on the young one.

I don't like how he's left some of the characters out of the loop; it's frankly a slap in my face since he's invested my time into them...he just needs to kill em off or whatever, but we should know their status...even a hint that they may merge into a future storyline...something...

For the first time in as long as I can remember, there's no cliffhanger at the end and it basically ends the way it starts... :P

Anyone get the "Superhero" variant cover?

I got a few :whistle:

I don't care to have one, although what I just found out is that for me to get ONE from my online service I have to order 26. I of course didn't order anywhere close to that number.

I don't care to have one, although what I just found out is that for me to get ONE from my online service I have to order 26. I of course didn't order anywhere close to that number.

Ordering 26 should get you 2.6 copies, it's only a one in 10 variant. Sounds like they're trying to you.

Ordering 26 should get you 2.6 copies, it's only a one in 10 variant. Sounds like they're trying to you.

Last I heard it was 1:25...

You are correct sir, it is 1:25. The fact that my LCS only gets 20 copies of TWD and they got two variants screwed me up.

You are correct sir, it is 1:25. The fact that my LCS only gets 20 copies of TWD and they got two variants screwed me up.

That is what I thought also, but......I ordered 50 copies and received 5 variants. It seems like they switched it to a 1:10 ratio.

Not hardly...you need to get your books online Brian...I can hook you up as they've been really good with the books...everything I get (except for a rare 9.6) is 9.8. Then again, I don't order those low quality Marvels... :shrug:

That is what I thought also, but......I ordered 50 copies and received 5 variants. It seems like they switched it to a 1:10 ratio.

Good to know...thanks!

I don't have my books yet as it is shipped monthly...but a variant that says 1:10 means I should only need to buy 10 copies to get one variant, not 11, right?

Sterling

One who needs math remediation

Good to know...thanks!

I don't have my books yet as it is shipped monthly...but a variant that says 1:10 means I should only need to buy 10 copies to get one variant, not 11, right?

Sterling

One who needs math remediation

You are correct. If the ratio is 1:10, you get 9 regular covers and 1 variant.

I have also heard reports of some retailers not getting them in a 1:10 ratio.

Not hardly...you need to get your books online Brian...I can hook you up as they've been really good with the books...everything I get (except for a rare 9.6) is 9.8. Then again, I don't order those low quality Marvels... :shrug:

I asked in another thread who you get your books from and got no reply. (shrug)

Now hold. If you're looking for a low quality story, DC's for you (barring Vertigo)!

Pat