• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any benefits submitting direct vs authorized dealer vs internet partner?

11 posts in this topic

On the verge of getting a few of my "nicer" comics graded. I'm not currently a Collectors Society member but considering it. But are there any benefits or savings submitting direct vs an authorized dealer vs an internet partner? It appears I live within 10 minutes of one of the authorized dealers so would that be the most obvious option since that is available to me? Are the other options more for people who can't get out to a show or live by a dealer so they have no choice but to submit direct or via an internet partner or is it cheaper or better service?

Sorry, I know, newbie question(s)!! Sorry! Appreciate the 411!

Someone had a problem with their comics being mailed back to the wrong person and they never received them. Plus you run the risk of omething happening to your comics when in someone elses hands. Just my 2c

If you join the collectors society you get the following perks

3 - Free coupons for Express Tier (book worth up to $4,000). They usually get them back to you in 20 days.

You can submit on-line and track the progress of the books from the society's site. This is very addictive and fun.

The registry. Cool way to showcase your slabbed collection.

I did it for the first time this year and I am sold.

Agree. With the $99 you get way more things than if you submit via a third party.

Everything is kept clean - you ship to CGC, and you know how it's shipped and handled. You know if it arrived, you know at what stage of grading it's at and you get to submit books yourself for a little discount...which is also valid, as I found out first hand, when you submit books at the CGC desk at a con.

Sink the bucks and you won't be sorry.

One tip, though - make sure that you submit books that are worthwhile using the coupon...sometimes the ones you want to get graded aren't always the best ones to use the free coupon on. :)

One tip, though - make sure that you submit books that are worthwhile using the coupon...sometimes the ones you want to get graded aren't always the best ones to use the free coupon on. :)

Yeah - just grab any three of the dozen or so $4,000 books you have lying around on the coffee table and send them in . . . :grin:

If you have a bunch of books to grade then joining is a no brainer.

It is worth it for the coupon and the ability to track your books online.

If you are only sending in one batch of books then I would not bother to join.

Well, you actually save a few ducats either way by joining . . . and why not? There's no downside. I've re-upped for three or four years straight. It motivates me to at least send in my coupons, and quite often more. :)

Yeah - just grab any three of the dozen or so $4,000 books you have lying around on the coffee table and send them in . . . :grin:

:makepoint:

:makepoint:

:hi: