• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,450 posts in this topic

Just now, docgo said:

Looks like $11k with BP. Not quite as high as you guys thought but still a good price IMHO. Congrats!

Thanks! Was hoping for a little more, but right now beggars can't be choosers.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:55 AM, docgo said:

#12 has three printings? I’ve seen a blue title for what I thought was the second print but haven’t seen another variation. Please show if you can.

Good luck!

Super slow response here..but yes! There are three printings of #12...Orange and Blue, and the third is Red. Pic attached. :) 

Since I last checked in, I've filled out my collection nicely...I've only got a few holes to fill now:
#1 first print
#4 fifth
#5 seventh
#6 second and sixth
The limited edition hardcover one-volume
And the old Thorn comic 

I just picked up 'Before Bone' - one of 3 Artist Proof copies, which I'm pretty pumped about!! 

Hope you guys are all doing well in this weird time. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 11.34.52 PM copy.jpg

On 7/17/2020 at 10:46 PM, videoloop said:

Super slow response here..but yes! There are three printings of #12...Orange and Blue, and the third is Red. Pic attached. :) 

Since I last checked in, I've filled out my collection nicely...I've only got a few holes to fill now:
#1 first print
#4 fifth
#5 seventh
#6 second and sixth
The limited edition hardcover one-volume
And the old Thorn comic 

I just picked up 'Before Bone' - one of 3 Artist Proof copies, which I'm pretty pumped about!! 

Hope you guys are all doing well in this weird time. 

Cool, thank you. I think #12 was the last issue to get multiple printings with the various colored titles. Used to think it was #11.

So you’re the one who bought the AP? Congrats! Did you get a sketch as well? I remember reading that it was included with the purchase,

1 hour ago, docgo said:

Cool, thank you. I think #12 was the last issue to get multiple printings with the various colored titles. Used to think it was #11.

So you’re the one who bought the AP? Congrats! Did you get a sketch as well? I remember reading that it was included with the purchase,

Yes, that was me! Jeff was away for a while, and actually just drew the sketch yesterday...it's a pencil sketch of Fone and young Thorn...really beautiful! I'm in Canada, so it'll probably still be a couple of weeks before I receive it. I can DM a photo then if you'd like to see it. :)

Actually, 14 is the last issue with multiple prints. 12 had the three, 13 was a single run, and 14 has a 1st printing with a red logo, and a 2nd printing with a purple logo. I've gotta find a better copy, but here they are for reference! 

Bone14.jpg

19 hours ago, videoloop said:

Yes, that was me! Jeff was away for a while, and actually just drew the sketch yesterday...it's a pencil sketch of Fone and young Thorn...really beautiful! I'm in Canada, so it'll probably still be a couple of weeks before I receive it. I can DM a photo then if you'd like to see it. :)

Actually, 14 is the last issue with multiple prints. 12 had the three, 13 was a single run, and 14 has a 1st printing with a red logo, and a 2nd printing with a purple logo. I've gotta find a better copy, but here they are for reference! 

That’s right, I’ve seen the #14 doh!

DM or show it here. I’d love to see it!

It’s the best series ever made. Here’s a terrible scan of my copy. It’s been my only real grail for 25+ years. Fortunate to own it. Also, no, I’m not saying how much I paid for it. Less than I would have and way more than I’d pay for anything else. 

299DC871-D4C2-4B3C-A714-09C96E800EBB.jpeg

Edited by xNerdyThingsx

On 7/22/2020 at 3:01 AM, xNerdyThingsx said:

It’s the best series ever made. Here’s a terrible scan of my copy. It’s been my only real grail for 25+ years. Fortunate to own it. Also, no, I’m not saying how much I paid for it. Less than I would have and way more than I’d pay for anything else. 

Very nice pickup! I believe that’s the book Joel Elad facilitated several years ago. Gorgeous

On 7/22/2020 at 3:01 AM, xNerdyThingsx said:

That is amazing.  My almost 10yr old is a Bone fan, I just bought him Bone Adventures, he has already read the entire regular series (softback collection).

On 10/3/2020 at 11:40 PM, videoloop said:

Here's a photo of that sketch, for anyone interested! :x

IMG_4765.jpg

This is fantastic!

6 hours ago, Greatwhite said:

Have I missed something? There was a Bone #1 First Printing 9.8 on eBay listed BIN for $8,999 since early Spring. Now there is one listed for $12,000. Has there been a price spike or is this wishful thinking?

Precisely zero copies of 9.8 Bone #1 have ever sold publicly for half of that. One sold on ComicLink for $5.4k a little over a year ago and that’s been the highest by far. The one on Heritage will probably sell for at least $6.5k but $1.2k of that is the buyer’s premium. Completely wishful thinking.

7 hours ago, docgo said:

Precisely zero copies of 9.8 Bone #1 have ever sold publicly for half of that. One sold on ComicLink for $5.4k a little over a year ago and that’s been the highest by far. The one on Heritage will probably sell for at least $6.5k but $1.2k of that is the buyer’s premium. Completely wishful thinking.

Pretty wild ask considering I just got a 9.6 for $2.5k back in September.

31 minutes ago, docgo said:

So you’re the one lol

You got a great deal on that.

Guilty as charged lol. Thanks!

Ironically, later that day it looks like someone pulled the trigger on the other 9.6, the deal didn't close for whatever reason, and it got re-listed. The seller bumped the price up on that one to $5k, and it happens to be the same person listing the 9.8 for the $12k now. 

2 hours ago, Legion of Goom said:

And hey, goes to show what I know about pricing lol- heritage internet bidding is already up over $9k with the buyers premium

I hope this sale brings out the other 9.8s as I’m still looking for one. This particular 9.8 is a “middle of the pack” example to me but will be the best sale by a large margin.