• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,450 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, docgo said:
16 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

$13,200 with BP    :whatthe:

Was watching it live and I was :whatthe:

This has to be an anomaly with two or three bidders who were desperate to have it immediately. Just doesn’t compute with me lol

Are there any other ways to pick up a CGC 9.8 Bone #1?  

There are only 6 recorded CGC 9.8 sales on GPAnalysis in the past 15 years, and the most recent CGC 9.6 sale was $4K.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Are there any other ways to pick up a CGC 9.8 Bone #1?  

There are only 6 recorded CGC 9.8 sales on GPAnalysis in the past 15 years, and the most recent CGC 9.6 sale was $4K.

I have 15 sales in my records since 2008. That 9.6 sale didn’t happen. The book is back up on eBay from the same seller.

10 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

I think that $12k copy on eBay sold as well. This year has been fascinating with the comic industry.

It did. That's what I get for knocking the price. I'll take my helping of crow with a side of sweet potatoes and stuffing, thank you very much 😆 

The same seller has the 9.6 listed for $10k now.

2 hours ago, Legion of Goom said:

It did. That's what I get for knocking the price. I'll take my helping of crow with a side of sweet potatoes and stuffing, thank you very much 😆 

The same seller has the 9.6 listed for $10k now.

Certainly seems like the seller may have been bidding on the Heritage copy. Everything seems just a little too convenient.

19 hours ago, videoloop said:

Bahahaha... @docgo and I were talking about that book...I almost pulled the trigger on that, but you beat me to it! lol Congrats!

I thought it was a typo when I saw it. Easily the fastest buy I've ever made on there. My son thought something was the matter when I shot up 😆 

I think whoever won that comiclink 9.6 just got a really good price as well

12 minutes ago, Legion of Goom said:

I thought it was a typo when I saw it. Easily the fastest buy I've ever made on there. My son thought something was the matter when I shot up 😆 

I think whoever won that comiclink 9.6 just got a really good price as well

Congrats!

I know this isn’t a WTB thread but if anyone has a bone 1 first print copy (any grade) for sale or they are thinking of parting with, let me know! I had a 9.4 that I thought I grabbed but the site inventory was not up to date, damn! Been eyeing a bone 1 first print for a while and thought I finally got one lol  

On 1/10/2021 at 1:04 PM, xNerdyThingsx said:

Thought y’all would get a kick out of this. Bought a bunch of art from Smith in April and received this face mask as thanks. It’s been well used at this point.

What art did you buy?

10 hours ago, docgo said:

What art did you buy?

Variety of stuff for family. I buy every friend/family newborn the bone hc collection, some prints, and sketches in hopes they read bone as their first comic. Been doing it for a few years but did quite a bit more than normal last year. He doesn’t sell his bone OA (anymore) as you know though there are some Rose pages I’ve spotted in the wild. :)

16 hours ago, xNerdyThingsx said:

Variety of stuff for family. I buy every friend/family newborn the bone hc collection, some prints, and sketches in hopes they read bone as their first comic. Been doing it for a few years but did quite a bit more than normal last year. He doesn’t sell his bone OA (anymore) as you know though there are some Rose pages I’ve spotted in the wild. :)

Ok, I thought you were implying OA. The only OA he’s sold has been promotional art and live sketches during comic conventions (always thru auction) and does free sketches for fans. I think Vess controlled all the OA from Rose so those pages have been around for awhile.

I don't know a lot about Bone, I've picked the comics up as I think they're cool, and I read some TPBs when my son was into Bone, and figure this is a natural for a show or movie, particularly as they were very popular as scholastic books, but from a collecting standpoint did the print runs suddenly get a lot bigger around issue 10? I'm surprised the CB books from 9/10 on are all pretty cheap (putting aside Mile High listing them all at $20-$30...). I do remember Bone being on the cover of the Overstreet Magazine (I think), but I figured it had already gotten successful by then (I think it was up to issue 13 already). or is is just a matter of that title being cool right now until there is some buzz? I know #1 is always of interest, but that's another issue.