• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,460 posts in this topic

HA!

we'll see what my 9.2 slab ends up at tomorrow :)

The other two (9.4 #3 & 9.4 #4) should be interesting as well. It's been almost a year since a 9.4 #4 (or anything higher) has come to market and only the 9.8 of #3 has been on the auction block for over a year and a half (9.4 and above). Good luck Colin! :wishluck:

HA!

we'll see what my 9.2 slab ends up at tomorrow :)

The other two (9.4 #3 & 9.4 #4) should be interesting as well. It's been almost a year since a 9.4 #4 (or anything higher) has come to market and only the 9.8 of #3 has been on the auction block for over a year and a half (9.4 and above). Good luck Colin! :wishluck:

thankee! we'll see what happens :)

also very interested to see where that 9.6 eventually hits...although i don't think its worth much more than 1700-2000, i have a feeling it's gonna hit something ridiculous..

i wish that guy could have waited another day or two to post his 9.6 :doh:

So I am considering getting my copy of Before Bone slabbed. Anyone actually read theirs? Im curious how if there is much I am missing thats not in Thorn anyways?

Guess I should have ordered two copies lol

Why would you not read it? Since it's in landscape mode, I think it would look strange in a slab.

The comic strips inside are only a small sampling of what's in Thorn: Tales From The Lantern.

So I am considering getting my copy of Before Bone slabbed. Anyone actually read theirs? Im curious how if there is much I am missing thats not in Thorn anyways?

Why would you not read it? Since it's in landscape mode, I think it would look strange in a slab.

The comic strips inside are only a small sampling of what's in Thorn: Tales From The Lantern.

You know I was going to read it once and got reoccupied. Its been sitting ever sense. The whole signed/number only 500 made thing. I have my copy of thorn to read the strips. If there is no much else in there, why not just keep it nice?

You know I was going to read it once and got reoccupied. Its been sitting ever sense. The whole signed/number only 500 made thing. I have my copy of thorn to read the strips. If there is no much else in there, why not just keep it nice?

I'm fairly certain CGC won't slab oddly-sized trade paperbacks like this - I know there's that Harbinger TPB floating around in a slab, but I have a feeling that was a mistake on CGC's part.

I also wouldn't slab it even if if you could - I mean, it's a TPB. TPB's are for reading!

I'm fairly certain CGC won't slab oddly-sized trade paperbacks like this - I know there's that Harbinger TPB floating around in a slab, but I have a feeling that was a mistake on CGC's part.

I also wouldn't slab it even if if you could - I mean, it's a TPB. TPB's are for reading!

I dont get my everyone always seems so adamant that TPBs are for reading and comics are for collecting? Seems strange to me. Im pretty sure comics where generally created for reading before collecting...maybe comic companies should save themselves a lot of hassle and just start selling covers lol

On a completely unrelated note congrads on the Cerebus sale Michael. That was a pretty decent copy of #2 also!

I dont get my everyone always seems so adamant that TPBs are for reading and comics are for collecting? Seems strange to me. Im pretty sure comics where generally created for reading before collecting...maybe comic companies should save themselves a lot of hassle and just start selling covers lol

On a completely unrelated note congrads on the Cerebus sale Michael. That was a pretty decent copy of #2 also!

I think you misunderstood me - I "collect" TPB's and hardcovers just like I collect comic books (my full sets of 1st print Sandman tpb's and hc's, most of which are signed & sketched, are in mylar bags and stored away from direct sunlight). But, I don't know, it just seems wrong for them to end up in hard plastic case.

Thanks, btw - had a nice trip to Chicago last weekend and found three low/mid-grade copies of Cerebus #2 in one of the stores I visited :)

Guess the market spoke on that Bone #1 CGC 9.6 on ebay - $2175 is a nice chunk o' change.

So which one of you fanboys bought it? :baiting:

a noobie speculator named comix_4_dummies (aka chris allen) won it...he lives about 30 minutes away from me, and tried to scam me once on a slab deal meh

i sold him two brand new RASL slabs about a year ago, he paypalled me the cash and came to my workplace to pick them up...we met up, chatted for a minute or two and left amicably..he calls me up 15 minutes later claiming i had 'tampered' with the slabs meh he said the sides of the outer casing had different plastic in the middle of them than on the rest of the slab (ie where you crack them open lol ) i guess he hadn't seen a slab before (shrug)

anyway, he ended up dropping it and admitting he didn't know what he was talking about, after being pretty rude. Apparently, he takes people's money and invests it into comics, even though he knows little to nothing about them.

i would suggest avoiding him at all costs! it makes me very sad that he has a bone #1 9.6 in his possession :(

Guess the market spoke on that Bone #1 CGC 9.6 on ebay - $2175 is a nice chunk o' change.

Yea I was kind of expecting to see more action to be honest. Still not too shabby a price!

Were you trying to pick up a second copy?

a noobie speculator named comix_4_dummies (aka chris allen) won it...he lives about 30 minutes away from me, and tried to scam me once on a slab deal meh

i sold him two brand new RASL slabs about a year ago, he paypalled me the cash and came to my workplace to pick them up...we met up, chatted for a minute or two and left amicably..he calls me up 15 minutes later claiming i had 'tampered' with the slabs meh he said the sides of the outer casing had different plastic in the middle of them than on the rest of the slab (ie where you crack them open lol ) i guess he hadn't seen a slab before (shrug)

anyway, he ended up dropping it and admitting he didn't know what he was talking about, after being pretty rude. Apparently, he takes people's money and invests it into comics, even though he knows little to nothing about them.

i would suggest avoiding him at all costs! it makes me very sad that he has a bone #1 9.6 in his possession :(

UGH, I did not realize he had bought it. Sigh. I shouldnt' have even read this thread tonite. :(

UGH, I did not realize he had bought it. Sigh. I shouldnt' have even read this thread tonite. :(

'tis a sad day for bone, nick...a sad day, indeed :sorry: