• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,449 posts in this topic

Here is 1 of my 2 copies.... :grin:

Is this the copy on eBay? I wonder if the BIN will be hit. hm

Sell me one of those beautiful copies...i promise if you do ill stop asking :)

Well, if you manage to hit the BIN, looks like you'll have one :grin: As soon as I get the chance to post scans on Ebay, I'm pretty sure the book will be sold. I have had 5 or 6 requests for scans since I started the auction, so its only a matter of time. Actually, I would have posted scans sooner, but my freetime this week has been nil. I should have books scanned and uploaded by tonight. We'll see what happens hm

:o :o You think it will go for the current price? If so, that would be amazing. I wouldn't know where to price my extra copy.

Although I would not expect it to sell for this price, I wouldnt at all be surprised. It is unfortunate that I decided not to sell this copy here on the boards, but I would essentially be "leaving money on the table" if I didnt sell it via Ebay. There are some books, even moderns like this one, that you just cant give up so cheap, ya know?! (shrug);) Many have PM'd me on my copies and thier availability, but I just cant "deal" on the price. And if someone wants this copy, a very nice one, they will have to pay, simple as that. And I dont mind holding onto it if it doesnt sell now. From my point of view, the value and price will only INCREASE with time :grin: . Just my thoughts....

Well, if you manage to hit the BIN, looks like you'll have one :grin: As soon as I get the chance to post scans on Ebay, I'm pretty sure the book will be sold. I have had 5 or 6 requests for scans since I started the auction, so its only a matter of time. Actually, I would have posted scans sooner, but my freetime this week has been nil. I should have books scanned and uploaded by tonight. We'll see what happens hm

:o :o You think it will go for the current price? If so, that would be amazing. I wouldn't know where to price my extra copy.

Although I would not expect it to sell for this price, I wouldnt at all be surprised. It is unfortunate that I decided not to sell this copy here on the boards, but I would essentially be "leaving money on the table" if I didnt sell it via Ebay. There are some books, even moderns like this one, that you just cant give up so cheap, ya know?! (shrug);) Many have PM'd me on my copies and thier availability, but I just cant "deal" on the price. And if someone wants this copy, a very nice one, they will have to pay, simple as that. And I dont mind holding onto it if it doesnt sell now. From my point of view, the value and price will only INCREASE with time :grin: . Just my thoughts....

If I had that copy I would do the same. I think it's much more profitable to sell scarce, HG moderns on ebay than it is here (esp. when it comes to Bone #1 in the last few months). In terms of those two $600 raw copies that would be lucky to hit 9.0, I'm sure the price you've set is being considered by those underbidders.

Bottom left corner of the back cover, is that a crease?

If I had that copy I would do the same. I think it's much more profitable to sell scarce, HG moderns on ebay than it is here (esp. when it comes to Bone #1 in the last few months). In terms of those two $600 raw copies that would be lucky to hit 9.0, I'm sure the price you've set is being considered by those underbidders.

Bottom left corner of the back cover, is that a crease?

Now that I look at the book closer, it does have the slightest crease , which barely breaks color.

Glad you pointed that out (thumbs u . Would have hated to have a potentially dissatisfied buyer on my hands for an improperly listed description :o . I went ahead and mentioned the defect in my auction listing. Whether or not it will affect the outcome.... (shrug)

One more thing: STOP PAYING THOSE RIDICULOUS PRICES FOR ROSE & RAT TAILS TPBs ON EBAY. CB finally made a reprinting of both that are currently available in their store. Except for the stupid monkey, I've always enjoyed Rat Tails. Anyone else read these two?

The Rat Tails TPB is worth something? I have one of them I think. What's it going for?

One more thing: STOP PAYING THOSE RIDICULOUS PRICES FOR ROSE & RAT TAILS TPBs ON EBAY. CB finally made a reprinting of both that are currently available in their store. Except for the stupid monkey, I've always enjoyed Rat Tails. Anyone else read these two?

The Rat Tails TPB is worth something? I have one of them I think. What's it going for?

I think the last one I saw up for auction went for over $40. Any Bone book that's rare and that's gone up for sale in the last few months has seen record prices. The first print for Rat Tails was in 2000 and I'm pretty sure it wasn't reprinted until now. The value will probably go down considerably.

Yes I received both for my birthday a few years ago and I enjoyed both. The Rose TP was better, but both were good reads.

Edited by kidcolt

Congrats!

What's the grade ... and the price paid? poke2.gif\:\)

Thanks :)Seller is calling it a Fine +...Im thinking it may grade out higher ? We will have to see what it comes back from cgc at...$325 buy-it-now shipped. Used the 25% cash back ebay deal going on...so it should only cost me $244

I don't know what I'm more jealous of: the sig & sketch or the gift grade... :baiting:

I've never seen his last name signed like that. I'll post mine when they arrive and see if they're the same.

Since I no longer have Bone #1 (thanks docgo!), the only thing I've got to show off in this thread is the sketch a buddy of mine got for me (T-Bone was my nickname back then...which fit, considering the subject of the sketch). He got Jeff's wife's business card too, which is kinda cool.

I like it anyhow! I really should probably get this thing framed.

64763.jpg.5232400bd2a3ead7c2239e4798d041ee.jpg

I don't know what I'm more jealous of: the sig & sketch or the gift grade... :baiting:

I've never seen his last name signed like that. I'll post mine when they arrive and see if they're the same.

Well ... I will admit that an 8.5 was a "cross my fingers grade" - but in all fairness the back is a lot nicer (and the smudges are on the case, not the book) :)

Well ... I will admit that an 8.5 was a "cross my fingers grade" - but in all fairness the back is a lot nicer (and the smudges are on the case, not the book) :)

Well, I'm comparing it to my dupe. It's an 8.5Q with zero CB or NCB creases on the front cover and two CB creases on the back cover (neither measure more than 1/16"). Would they really mark down a 9.4 to an 8.5 because of a sketch and signature on the interior cover? (shrug) In comparison to the book you posted, I think it's safe to say that mine is a structural 9.4.

This is not to denigrate your book in the least. Like I said, I'm extremely jealous... :grin:

Actually, Michael, Jeff himself was VERY impressed with your Bone #1. (I kept my mouth SHUT and smiled, because all I saw were the spine stresses.) :) He even showed the artist signing next to him the Bone #1, saying how nice of a copy it was. I think that's why he added the little head sketch. I got him near the beginning of a signing, about the 4th or 5th person in line if I remember right, and he was a little late to get started, which is why he might have signed the rest in a rushed format.

Chris, your books are being sent out to you so you can compare the signatures. They should be similar since they were signed at the same signing. I started my stack with Michael's Bone #1 to get Jeff in a good mood, and it worked. :) I blew past the signing limit at that event and got lucky to get the amount of books I got signed.

Joel

Actually, Michael, Jeff himself was VERY impressed with your Bone #1. (I kept my mouth SHUT and smiled, because all I saw were the spine stresses.) :) He even showed the artist signing next to him the Bone #1, saying how nice of a copy it was. I think that's why he added the little head sketch. I got him near the beginning of a signing, about the 4th or 5th person in line if I remember right, and he was a little late to get started, which is why he might have signed the rest in a rushed format.

Chris, your books are being sent out to you so you can compare the signatures. They should be similar since they were signed at the same signing. I started my stack with Michael's Bone #1 to get Jeff in a good mood, and it worked. :) I blew past the signing limit at that event and got lucky to get the amount of books I got signed.

Joel

Like I said ... Joel = a god amongst men (worship)