• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,449 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Is bone 1 a copper or modern age book?

Neither. It's close to the end of Copper, but I don't consider it a part of Copper and the Modern Age does not span nearly three decades just because those with influence are too lazy to make a separation.

20 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

I just got it back from CGC. I had purchased it in a collection about ten years ago and it was sitting on my bookshelf at home. With the announcement of the Disney deal I figured it was time to grade it and see what it would go for...

You had a $20k+ book just....SITTING. ON. YOUR. BOOKSHELF.

fainting gif.gif

Hey fellow Bone nerds!

I'm a lifelong Bone fan from Canada...just stumbled on this thread, and thought I'd hop in and say hello!

I've just recently started my collection - terrible time to jump in with the series coming..lol..but nonetheless, my goal is to nab a NM copy of every issue and printing from the entire run. I've been really enjoying the hunt, and I've managed to amass a pretty cool collection so far:

#1: 2,3,5,6,7,8th printings - multiple copies of 3 and 6-8, with a JS signed 7th Print
#2: 1,2,3,7
#3: 1,2,3,4,6
#4: 2,3,6
#5: 1,2,4
#6: 1,3
#7: 1,2,4,5
#8: 1,2,4,6
#9: 1,2,3
#10: 1,2
#11: 1,2 - with an additional JS signed 1st Print
#12: 1,2,3 - with an additional JS signed 1st Print
#13-21, #24, #26, #28-#55 - Only the Miller #38 thus far..

Full run of Image Reprints, Wizard Ace #1, GEN 13, Halloween '08 & '10, Rat Tails #1-3, Sourcebook, SC Handbook, Art of Bone, JS signed flipbook (in addition to the 2 I've had since I was a kid), and 2 postcard books and the notepad with the #37 cover I also had as a kid.

Is anyone else on a similar hunt? I'm having a little trouble finding an accurate listing of printings and corresponding cover variants...does a complete and accurate list exist?

Lots more picking to do!! But having a blast so far!

On 1/28/2020 at 6:26 PM, MrBedrock said:

Getting closer! :tink:

Really beautiful book. Was surprised when CGC started graded these cuz I thought they were too thick. Then again, I’ve only seen them in pics...:wink:

Considering what it is, a reprint of already published material from a college newspaper, it is incredibly niche. I’ve never seen anything Bone related go for more than $6k since all of the original artwork was donated to Ohio State. Would be very interesting to see in a high profile auction.

You sold a lower grade copy to Grails back in 2013 did you not?

On 2/13/2020 at 5:55 PM, videoloop said:

Hey fellow Bone nerds!

I'm a lifelong Bone fan from Canada...just stumbled on this thread, and thought I'd hop in and say hello!

I've just recently started my collection - terrible time to jump in with the series coming..lol..but nonetheless, my goal is to nab a NM copy of every issue and printing from the entire run. I've been really enjoying the hunt, and I've managed to amass a pretty cool collection so far:

#1: 2,3,5,6,7,8th printings - multiple copies of 3 and 6-8, with a JS signed 7th Print
#2: 1,2,3,7
#3: 1,2,3,4,6
#4: 2,3,6
#5: 1,2,4
#6: 1,3
#7: 1,2,4,5
#8: 1,2,4,6
#9: 1,2,3
#10: 1,2
#11: 1,2 - with an additional JS signed 1st Print
#12: 1,2,3 - with an additional JS signed 1st Print
#13-21, #24, #26, #28-#55 - Only the Miller #38 thus far..

Full run of Image Reprints, Wizard Ace #1, GEN 13, Halloween '08 & '10, Rat Tails #1-3, Sourcebook, SC Handbook, Art of Bone, JS signed flipbook (in addition to the 2 I've had since I was a kid), and 2 postcard books and the notepad with the #37 cover I also had as a kid.

Is anyone else on a similar hunt? I'm having a little trouble finding an accurate listing of printings and corresponding cover variants...does a complete and accurate list exist?

Lots more picking to do!! But having a blast so far!

Welcome! I’ve been on a similar hunt that has spanned since the series began. I’m 13 books short of a full run in 9.8 (I include the three editions of #38, Rose, Rat Tails, and all the one-offs as part of the run).

I’ve never really cared about the multiple printings except for the Image books that have different cover art (just have two of those SS’d) so I can’t help you with a list of which colored “Bone” title corresponds with what printing.

#12 has three printings? I’ve seen a blue title for what I thought was the second print but haven’t seen another variation. Please show if you can.

Good luck!

28 minutes ago, docgo said:

Really beautiful book. Was surprised when CGC started graded these cuz I thought they were too thick. Then again, I’ve only seen them in pics...:wink:

Considering what it is, a reprint of already published material from a college newspaper, it is incredibly niche. I’ve never seen anything Bone related go for more than $6k since all of the original artwork was donated to Ohio State. Would be very interesting to see in a high profile auction.

Hi stranger!

:hi:

1 hour ago, docgo said:

Yes. Around the same time I acquired this copy. 

41 minutes ago, docgo said:

Does anyone know what the Bone #1 9.8 SS sold for on Pedigree last month? Google searches aren’t helping at the moment

I couldn't find a price either. The book is on the website here as a preview still but with no details:

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic/067739/bone-1-cgc-98-w-cgc-signature-series

The 'Show completed auction items' function doesn't seem to work for me. 

22 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I couldn't find a price either. The book is on the website here as a preview still but with no details:

https://www.pedigreecomics.com/auction/comic/067739/bone-1-cgc-98-w-cgc-signature-series

The 'Show completed auction items' function doesn't seem to work for me. 

Lucky for us, it’s for sale on the boards as we speak lol

15 minutes ago, docgo said:

Lucky for us, it’s for sale on the boards as we speak lol

I believe this was the book that Joel Elad submitted. He had it on eBay for a bit and he may have sold it thru Best Offer. Not completely sure about this though.