• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,578 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Yeah, that and the fact that the book was pretty conservatively graded as a G-.  Looks more like a 3.0 than a 1.8 to me.  

4 hours ago, Yorick said:

Since we had been writing about this one a few pages back...  Here you go!  New census topper, and one of my favorites!

DSC_0806.JPG

Very nice!  I know not everyone agrees, but I think this is one of the handful of toughest Baker romance books.  Possibly the toughest apart from the one-shots.  My copy is a 4.0 graded by the other guys. 

4 hours ago, comicnoir said:

With that big chip off the right corner? Congratulations.

Nice copy but have to agree I might have guessed a 3.5 with the piece out of the top right corner and the large lower right corner crease.  CGC is definitely unpredictable right now but congrats on the 4.0.  Still an attractive copy of a beautiful Baker cover!

1 minute ago, BakerFanOne said:
4 hours ago, comicnoir said:

With that big chip off the right corner? Congratulations.

Nice copy but have to agree I might have guessed a 3.5 with the piece out of the top right corner and the large lower right corner crease.  CGC is definitely unpredictable right now but congrats on the 4.0.  Still an attractive copy of a beautiful Baker cover!

Don't let these guys buffalo you.  It's an obvious 5.0.  Send it in for a regrade! :)

2 hours ago, comicnoir said:

I guess that makes mine worth approximately $17,000. :ohnoez:

I am floored by these prices. I bought mine less than a year ago on eBay....for nowhere near that, and the price I paid occasioned a few comments on overpaying. I mean, it's a beautiful cover, one of my favorites by Baker, just surprising how quickly these things escalate. 

TAR 42.jpg

Edited by october

46 minutes ago, october said:

I guess that makes mine worth approximately $17,000. :ohnoez:

I am floored by these prices. I bought mine less than a year ago on eBay....for nowhere near that, and the price I paid occasioned a few comments on overpaying. I mean, it's a beautiful cover, one of my favorites by Baker, just surprising how quickly these things escalate. 

TAR 42.jpg

Is $17k your BIN price? hm

22 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Is $17k your BIN price? hm

Congrats on a great copy of a very tough Baker.  The copy that sold tonight on eBay had deep colors and a really nice overall cover image which I believe played a big role in the hammer price.  I would also agree that a 3.0 from CGC is possible.  It's amazing but every time I think we hit a new high on Bakers, the following week we hit another high point.  

I obtained my copy about 20 years ago and  it also has very strong eye appeal but I will need to look it over to see how it compares with your copy.  Either way, we should both consider ourselves pretty lucky.  :flipbait:

5 minutes ago, BakerFanOne said:

Congrats on a great copy of a very tough Baker.  The copy that sold tonight on eBay had deep colors and a really nice overall cover image which I believe played a big role in the hammer price.  I would also agree that a 3.0 from CGC is possible.  It's amazing but every time I think we hit a new high on Bakers, the following week we hit another high point.  

I obtained my copy about 20 years ago and  it also has very strong eye appeal but I will need to look it over to see how it compares with your copy.  Either way, we should both consider ourselves pretty lucky.  :flipbait:

I didn’t win tonight’s TAR 42. I liked it though.   I think a certain lucky boardie may have though. :foryou:

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, that and the fact that the book was pretty conservatively graded as a G-.  Looks more like a 3.0 than a 1.8 to me.  

John Hauser is a pretty tight grader, but G- seems way harsh.

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Very nice!  I know not everyone agrees, but I think this is one of the handful of toughest Baker romance books.  Possibly the toughest apart from the one-shots.  My copy is a 4.0 graded by the other guys. 

I love your copy!  Just not enough to outbid you.  I tried too.

7 hours ago, comicnoir said:

I was after the 41, but my snipe missed.  Some tough books there...

That CL26 looked pretty good too, but I can't hang with these new kids.  Maybe I can trade my way to completing these runs...