• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,559 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I paid much less for this copy (still atop the census) and a lot of people (including me!) thought that I had way overpaid.

RAD419A920131122_121513_zpsrpyt9pxt.JPG

Do you remember that 8.0 (must have been graded by the enemy) on ebay with the asking price of $3k?  Doesn't seem such a bad deal now...

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 2:07 PM, Yorick said:

Since we had been writing about this one a few pages back...  Here you go!  New census topper, and one of my favorites!

DSC_0806.JPG

I am sooooo happy to have just a raw 2.5 on this book! :whistle:

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I paid much less for this copy (still atop the census) and a lot of people (including me!) thought that I had way overpaid.

I like most everything about this cover but the lead blonde ruins it for me. An odd position on the girls face/head and really she looks kind of ugly and unbaker like to me.

23 hours ago, october said:

I guess that makes mine worth approximately $17,000. :ohnoez:

I am floored by these prices. I bought mine less than a year ago on eBay....for nowhere near that, and the price I paid occasioned a few comments on overpaying. I mean, it's a beautiful cover, one of my favorites by Baker, just surprising how quickly these things escalate. 

TAR 42.jpg

The prices for this book are outrageous.  This Baker-mania is just insane.  Well, I'm glad I already own one of these...and I only paid $25 for it...back when prices were what they should be...rant, rant, grumble, grumble...  Hmmm...wonder what i could get for mine now?  Maybe...One Meeleon dollars...?  hm:whistle:

16359787387_4979461bec_c.jpg

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

15 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

My favorite Baker Romance cover ( for the word balloons and text as much as the art). You have to wonder if someone slipped the double entendres in here intentionally. lol

3 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

The prices for this book are outrageous.  This Baker-mania is just insane.  Well, I'm glad I already own one of these...and I only paid $25 for it...back when prices were what they should be...rant, rant, grumble, grumble...  Hmmm...wonder what i could get for mine now?  Maybe...One Meeleon dollars...?  hm:whistle:

16359787387_4979461bec_c.jpg

VERY nice copy @Tri-ColorBrian

..but you'll never know unless you put it up for sale :baiting:

29 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

How does one put up one of one's children for sale?  My comics are almost like my kids...what a conundrum... hm

So what you're saying is, you're 20 to 30 years older than this comic book? ... I thought so. 

On November 21, 2017 at 9:12 PM, 29dukedog said:

The result of two opposing nuclear bids.  The highest bid below the underbidder was $666.00. 

$666 is probably the true value of the book.

Two thrill bidders doesn't determined true market value.

Let's put that axiom to the test. 

Let's see if this follow-up listing sells at a new all time high price.

5a16a511d239e_ScreenShot2017-11-23at5_22_24AM.thumb.png.2bc78d8dc34c0b68e1dc74baf4b2d8f4.png

11 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

And...I remember when it was a big deal to find a Wartime Romances 17...and I think it still might be...but a TAR 42?  WTF?  lol

Meaning?  That TAR 42 is actually easy to find? hm

16 hours ago, Yorick said:

Do you remember that 8.0 (must have been graded by the enemy) on ebay with the asking price of $3k?  Doesn't seem such a bad deal now...

I had forgotten about that one. Yeah, now seems like they were giving it away!

Kind of like a couple of high-grade copies of Seven Seas 4 that were listed at seemingly crazy prices.  Or the Sixth Street books.

Is been a wild ride with Bakers. 

18 hours ago, tabcom said:

$666 is probably the true value of the book.

Two thrill bidders doesn't determined true market value.

Let's put that axiom to the test. 

Let's see if this follow-up listing sells at a new all time high price.

5a16a511d239e_ScreenShot2017-11-23at5_22_24AM.thumb.png.2bc78d8dc34c0b68e1dc74baf4b2d8f4.png

Unfortunately I don't believe that we can gauge too much of a book's real value from a PGX graded copy.   But i have to admit  that it will be interesting to see if anyone pulls the trigger on this copy.