• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,548 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Yorick said:

Now @Ricksneatstuff knows where to go to find his grail!  ...oh, and count me in too.  I'd love to have one better than 0.5.(worship)

This book was sort of thrown in on a cash/trade deal 12-13 years ago. Did not appreciate the rarity of it at the time. Just one of those at the right place at the right time things.

9 hours ago, comicnoir said:

It’s insane Ron 

whos paying this prices???

low grade copies get premium prices....

Matt Baker 4life

3 hours ago, kat123 said:

It’s insane Ron 

whos paying this prices???

low grade copies get premium prices....

Matt Baker 4life

Love your signature Kat (thumbsu

The interesting thing to me here is that, yes there were two buyers who took this book into the stratosphere, but there were another few who saw a 2.5 ish copy to be worth over a grand. This is showing more people are coming to the Baker party. I was late to learn about Mr Baker's work outside Phantom Lady and have had to pay pretty steep prices myself for almost anything I have. 

1 hour ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Love your signature Kat (thumbsu

The interesting thing to me here is that, yes there were two buyers who took this book into the stratosphere, but there were another few who saw a 2.5 ish copy to be worth over a grand. This is showing more people are coming to the Baker party. I was late to learn about Mr Baker's work outside Phantom Lady and have had to pay pretty steep prices myself for almost anything I have. 

Thanks Rick

I switch over into Baker OA, but if I could have predicted the future -I should have kept all my Baker books. Back in 2001 all this books cost pennies. lol 

Edited by kat123

1 minute ago, kat123 said:

Thanks Rick

I switch over into Baker OA, but if I could have predicted the future -I should have kept all my Baker books. Back in 2001 all this books cost pennies. lol 

Over the last year I’ve sold at least 75 or 80 Baker books here on the boards, mostly at prices that people thought were too high and yet as it turns out they were bargains.  

I’m grateful that I do not have a completionist mentality.    That could get pretty expensive today. 

16 hours ago, comicnoir said:

heh... I just read this word balloon for the first time :)

s-l1600.jpg

17 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Are you kidding?  That's why the book is in such high demand.  It's like the Betty & Me "Beat Off" cover... lol

In fact I am going to have a commission done on this cover soon mainly for this reason.

Also, check out Chili #2 for double entendres  - http://www.dcindexes.com/features/comic.php?comicid=56250

Last, Adventure #42o. Oksner admitted in print he drew the canon as a phallic symbol. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Comics_Vol_1_420

19 minutes ago, otherworldsj331 said:

In fact I am going to have a commission done on this cover soon mainly for this reason.

Also, check out Chili #2 for double entendres  - http://www.dcindexes.com/features/comic.php?comicid=56250

Last, Adventure #42o. Oksner admitted in print he drew the canon as a phallic symbol. http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure_Comics_Vol_1_420

Never seen that Adventure cover before...that's a good one...but the chili is a little lame...:D and just to show the power of suggestion...I just bought an 8.5 copy of the Adventure.  Gotta have one before the word leaks out... lol

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

27 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Yours looks a little better than my taped up copy...

16549106166_7ef94d627f_c.jpg

Top and bottom trimmed too.  They could have at least cut it straight on the bottom....

3 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I doubt it was trimmed...it's just a crappy copy...but it was only $5...

Nice to have any copy! I thought mine would do better than 2.5 but it presents well ! 

5 hours ago, Yorick said:
5 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Yours looks a little better than my taped up copy...

16549106166_7ef94d627f_c.jpg

Top and bottom trimmed too.  They could have at least cut it straight on the bottom....

:gossip: What until he finishes Photoshopping it -- it look like a 9.2!