• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

Nice books, particularly the Texan 6, which is pretty tough.

Hard to say, but my guess is the book hasn't been pressed in the mechanical sense.  Maybe it just spent some time at the bottom of a stack?  Pressing the old fashioned way! 

Doesn't seem all that faded from the scan.  Probably just normal fading for a book that may not have been well protected for most of its life. 

18 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Nice books, particularly the Texan 6, which is pretty tough.

Hard to say, but my guess is the book hasn't been pressed in the mechanical sense.  Maybe it just spent some time at the bottom of a stack?  Pressing the old fashioned way! 

Doesn't seem all that faded from the scan.  Probably just normal fading for a book that may not have been well protected for most of its life. 

Cool thanks...if they don’t deduct for a fade it looks like a solid 8.5 or better to me.  Cgc will find something wrong with it I don’t see though I’m sure.

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Nice group.  I've found 38 to be really tough to locate in even mid-grade. There's a 6.5 on the census (not my copy).  That's the best copy I know of. 

This is the only copy I have ever seen for sale.  Bought it up at a NYC show several years ago.

12 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Nice group.  I've found 38 to be really tough to locate in even mid-grade. There's a 6.5 on the census (not my copy).  That's the best copy I know of. 

Hey Tony, just wanted to let you know that I'm auctioning a couple more Bakers. Didn't want you to miss out again! :baiting:

http://stores.ebay.com/COMIC-BOOK-MADNESS/_i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_sid=462329&_trksid=p4634.c0.m309

19 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You don't maintain an inventory of everyone elses' Bakers like I do?!  You're lacking the appropriate level of dedication! :taptaptap::nyah:

APC38.JPG

2 hours ago, RICK STARR said:

Nice one!! 

It only scores 28 points in my registry set.  Too funny.

Makes me think of that beautiful TAR32 that only scores 201 points. :screwy:  I'd give that one a 1,000 points any day.

6 hours ago, Yorick said:

It only scores 28 points in my registry set.  Too funny.

Makes me think of that beautiful TAR32 that only scores 201 points. :screwy:  I'd give that one a 1,000 points any day.

It peeves me off that they will not or cannot adjust the points anymore. With the dough they rake in, why can't they fix the problem!?

On 1/31/2018 at 9:59 AM, Dale Roberts said:
On 1/30/2018 at 9:36 PM, Sqeggs said:

Hey Tony, just wanted to let you know that I'm auctioning a couple more Bakers. Didn't want you to miss out again! :baiting:

http://stores.ebay.com/COMIC-BOOK-MADNESS/_i.html?rt=nc&LH_Auction=1&_sid=462329&_trksid=p4634.c0.m309

Now everybody knows about them!

19 hours ago, Yorick said:

You don't maintain an inventory of everyone elses' Bakers like I do?!  You're lacking the appropriate level of dedication! :taptaptap::nyah:

APC38.JPG

Beauty!  Is this the 6.5 on the census?

12 hours ago, RICK STARR said:

It peeves me off that they will not or cannot adjust the points anymore. With the dough they rake in, why can't they fix the problem!?

CGC just started a thread requesting input for adjusting the registry points.  I'm going to have to do some research before making any suggestions there.  I suppose rarity and sales data are the two top considerations for me.

I think its pretty funny that Going Steady 14 achieves more points than 11, 12, or 13.

4 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Beauty!  Is this the 6.5 on the census?

Yes it is!  I shared an image of it in the slab when it came back.  Not sure what page number that is anymore....  400+ pages to dig through.

25 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Yes it is!  I shared an image of it in the slab when it came back.  Not sure what page number that is anymore....  400+ pages to dig through.

You got off easy with the grade coming back only 0.5 below Metro's.

Was actually the same thing with the Pictorial Love Stories 1, which I bought raw from them as an 8.0 and came back a 7.5.  (I showed it a couple of weeks ago when it was in a mis-labeled slab, which they fixed for me. CGC is pretty quick turning around problem slabs. Now, if only their QC was better at heading off problems!)

Well this metro book of mine came back 2.0 lower than they advertised...then I looked a little closer because I didn't remember there being a chip off the top right.  Any recourse for this? if anyone can tell me if they experienced damage to their book by CGC before?  Kinda figure they'll just tell me it was damaged in shipping or that I didn't pack it right.  They were kind enough to note the damage I'm pretty sure they caused in the graders notes...

wbt1before.jpg

wbt1after.jpg