• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

CL 26 comes close to your description.  Perhaps the couple finished dinner hours earlier...  

cl26_CGC_pb.jpg

Yes, that's a good one.  Definitely one of my favorites.

I'm surprised, though, that he apparently never did one with a couple actually sitting at a table staring into each other's eyes.  Would seem like a natural subject -- but maybe he saw it as being too cliched.  

10 minutes ago, Yorick said:

YAY!!!  Winner!

I think any Going Steady would be perfect as well.

Going Steady 10.JPG

Going Steady 12.JPG

I'm with you on Going Steady.  This one is my favorite in that run, although I think it may be many boardies least favorite Baker cover.  The older I get ...

Go_zpskrotewci.JPG

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:
8 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

My favorite Baker couple

IMG_9037.JPG

Amazing book.  Toughest issue of the title (IMhO), and nicest copy I've ever seen.  Amazing book.  

^^

+1 

Rick, would you mind downgrading to this copy? (Second time this has been tried today!) :)

2018-01-10-0001_zpslwu4dlzo.JPG

Just now, 29dukedog said:

I'm seeing all my favorite Bakers today!  There's at least one more that needs to be added, tho... 

tar42_pb.jpg

The 5.0 is for sale.  It has some shifty red ink (manufacturing) problems.  I like 44 more.  Blasphemy, I know.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

+1 

Rick, would you mind downgrading to this copy? (Second time this has been tried today!) :)

2018-01-10-0001_zpslwu4dlzo.JPG

Hey Sqeggs, feel like downgrading your copy?  Maybe I should find that restoration company that turns 0.5's into 9.0's and beat you all!

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Another pair of school "kids" who look like their own children might be in high school! 

2015-04-22-0001_zpsvgq0qfqk.JPG

:cloud9:  Too bad the blue dress is so dark.  They should have lightened it to showcase the linework.

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 1:05 PM, Sqeggs said:

Another pair of school "kids" who look like their own children might be in high school! 

2015-04-22-0001_zpsvgq0qfqk.JPG

While I have only been collecting Bakers for a couple of years now, I have never seen this book before (nor ever had an opportunity to purchase a copy). Love it!

On 2/14/2018 at 5:28 PM, 29dukedog said:

And Romantic Marriage 24 should be posted today, too.  (I'll do it!)  

rm24_pb.jpg

I also like it a lot.  His other RM cover is also quite good, imo.  Of course, if St John had been awake, he might have asked, "And how exactly does this cover appeal to our audience of teenage girls?" :)

RAD4B2F420161013_113849_zpsybdhzfqy.JPG

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:
On 2/14/2018 at 9:59 PM, Point Five said:

Man, I HAVE to get a couple all of these dialogue-free Baker covers. Just love looking at them.

FTFY!

Sounds good! After all, my kid's college fund IS just sitting there doing nothing.  hm