• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,551 posts in this topic

This Beauty just came in the mail today from Clink. Im sure it has been discussed before  if its "actually" a baker cover, but I didn't feel like reading 400 pages to find out.  Regardless CGC says it is so a guess it belongs here :foryou:.

IMG_7868.jpg

Edited by domuhnator

1 hour ago, comicjack said:

Oh Baker is in there and you picked a ^^

Thank you! Im very pleased with the book. I wanted the one rick posted not to long ago but it was sold by the time I saw it. This one has better page quality anyways. :tink:

5 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

This is more in line with the response I was expecting lol. 

Looks like Baker to me, inked by Feldstein? ... the only PLs I’m convinced are zero parts Baker are 14,21,22, and 23.  18 I’m iffy on.

Thats a great looking 2.5 anyway, and regardless of who gets the cover credit, PL 17 has the weight of immutable comic book history behind it with its SOTI relation.  Good grab!

Edited by szavisca

4 hours ago, comicnoir said:

It seems like you chose the most violent cover as the best. It is a good one, I won't argue.

I would have put 4 above 9. Just an excellent image.

According to the Baker poll we conducted last September, Teen-Age Temptations #2 was the favorite cover of that title:  

1.  Cinderella Love #25
2.  Seven Seas #4
3.  Seven Seas #6
4.  Giant Comics Editions #12
5.  Teen-Age Romances #43
6.  Teen-Age Romances #32
7.  Diary Secrets #26
8.  Phantom Lady #17
9.  True Love Pictorial #11
10.  Authentic Police Cases #6
11.  Teen-Age Temptations #2
12.  Phantom Lady #18
13.  Teen-Age Romances #14
14.  Going Steady #10
15.  Phantom Lady #16
16.  Amazing Ghost Stories #14
17.  Jo-Jo #25
18.  Phantom Lady #23

I have to admit, though, I'm quite surprised to think that TR #43 is apparently the favorite cover of that title!  (But, I guess polls don't lie.  (shrug) )  

14 hours ago, szavisca said:

Looks like Baker to me, inked by Feldstein? ... the only PLs I’m convinced are zero parts Baker are 14,21,22, and 23.  18 I’m iffy on.

Thats a great looking 2.5 anyway, and regardless of who gets the cover credit, PL 17 has the weight of immutable comic book history behind it with its SOTI relation.  Good grab!

Personally I always thought it was a baker cover, But im by no means an expert. I only have a handful of baker covers. I just know there has been some controversy over the cover in the past. Agreed, Even if it was 0% Baker its still a wonderful book.

2 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

According to the Baker poll we conducted last September, Teen-Age Temptations #2 was the favorite cover of that title:  

1.  Cinderella Love #25
2.  Seven Seas #4
3.  Seven Seas #6
7.  Diary Secrets #26
8.  Phantom Lady #17
12.  Phantom Lady #18
14.  Going Steady #10
15.  Phantom Lady #16
17.  Jo-Jo #25
18.  Phantom Lady #23

I have to admit, though, I'm quite surprised to think that TR #43 is apparently the favorite cover of that title!  (But, I guess polls don't lie.  (shrug) )  

I agree, I like 45 much better then 43.

7 hours ago, comicnoir said:

It seems like you chose the most violent cover as the best. It is a good one, I won't argue.

I would have put 4 above 9. Just an excellent image.

I actually hadn't thought about the violence depicted on TAT 8, more the tension and drama. But yes is quite violent (both actual and implied).

The TAT 4 cover, depicting an implied pregnancy, is great. I just love the imagery of TAT 9 a wee bit better.

48 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I actually hadn't thought about the violence depicted on TAT 8, more the tension and drama. But yes is quite violent (both actual and implied).

The TAT 4 cover, depicting an implied pregnancy, is great. I just love the imagery of TAT 9 a wee bit better.

Me too...  

tat9H_pb.jpg

4 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

TAT 2 is fantastically salacious no doubt, and I can't argue with those who have it at the top spot.

13 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Here's my ranking of Teen-Age Temptations (TAT) covers, and a refresher link:

https://www.comics.org/series/20254/

RANK

#1 - TAT 8

#2 - TAT 9

#3 - TAT 2

#4 - TAT 4

#5 - TAT 1

#6 - TAT 7

#7 - TAT 3

#8 - TAT 6

#9 - TAT 5

1.  TAT 1 (I'm actually cheating on this one; it put it here because it was my first Baker)

2.  TAT 2 

3.  TAT 9

4.  TAT 8 (Yeah, it's violent and in that sense not very characteristic of Baker.  But it's very well done, imo)

5.  TAT 7

6.  TAT 4 (Man, is this a tough book)

7.  TAT 3

8.  TAT 6

9.  TAT 5

7 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

1.  Cinderella Love #25
2.  Seven Seas #4
3.  Seven Seas #6
7.  Diary Secrets #26
8.  Phantom Lady #17
12.  Phantom Lady #18
14.  Going Steady #10
15.  Phantom Lady #16
17.  Jo-Jo #25
18.  Phantom Lady #23

Don't ask me to remember which issue of TAR I voted for, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't 43.

It was probably 36 or 38. hm

Hello all :hi:   I thought it might be nice to share some splash pages from outside of the St. John Baker collection.  Anyone have any other splash pages from outside of St. John to share? 

Lovers 71 "Paris In The Spring"

My Own Romance 56 "Another Girl's Man"

Love Romances 57  "You Belong To Me"

Love Romances 45 "Heart and Soul"  I think DukeDog would agree this is one of the top splash pages outside of St. John.  Love the illustrations on this one.  

ParisBaker.jpg.6ac211499784e90a17113fd95d805901.jpgYBTMa.jpg.0e926cf72b93ce7c431b20984158d70b.jpgAGMBaker.jpg.3ba3934635dc8be70dd70453c1f07a1a.jpgHSBaker.jpg.0f4b0597af02b5b87f2e153d12bc3e2d.jpg

Edited by JvR11