• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

And I think whoever won this one made a smart move.  Such a tough book and this copy presents very well (at least from the front!). http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FCOMICTRACK%2FAUCTIONS%2FBIDS.ASP%3Fx%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D1&id=1236842

That headline is rather funny; top-5 graded out of...6.

It did make me check the census and was surprised to find Teen-Age Diary Secrets #5 (nn) only has 1 graded copy. I wonder if I should make it 2.

37 minutes ago, manetteska said:

It did make me check the census and was surprised to find Teen-Age Diary Secrets #5 (nn) only has 1 graded copy. I wonder if I should make it 2.

The other Baker photo covers don't get much love.  

2j3mlww_zps2ed7f8bb.JPG

58 minutes ago, manetteska said:

And it won't take too much to top this one! :)

2018-03-09-0001_zpsu1qr2rgs.jpg

3 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Congrats to whoever won this one.  I was the underbidder.  Just couldn't quite get myself to go higher since I own a 5.5 copy. http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FCOMICTRACK%2FAUCTIONS%2FBIDS.ASP%3Fx%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D1&id=1236407

I was extremely tempted to bid on it. Had I not just purchased 4 nice LB Cole books in the last two weeks I would have bid it higher. I thought it would easily go for over 4K and maybe even hit 6K. 

Ken

2 hours ago, Inaflash said:

I was extremely tempted to bid on it. Had I not just purchased 4 nice LB Cole books in the last two weeks I would have bid it higher. I thought it would easily go for over 4K and maybe even hit 6K. 

Ken

TAR 39 apparently is a tough book, and this was a copy that I would have loved to own (I've never owned a TAR 39).

Figured it would go north of $4k, maybe up to $5k, still $3,400 is nothing to sneeze at!

Just now, sacentaur said:
2 hours ago, Inaflash said:

Ken

TAR 39 apparently is a tough book, and this was a copy that I would have loved to own (I've never owned a TAR 39).

Figured it would go north of $4k, maybe up to $5k, still $3,400 is nothing to sneeze at!

I have a feeling that the winner probably sniped in a bid at the $4K to $5K range.  

16 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I have a feeling that the winner probably sniped in a bid at the $4K to $5K range.  

I wasn't following the auctions.  Any other Baker books in the mix?

5 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

For years I've been predicting a closing of the gap between Phantom Lady values and Baker romance values.  After seeing the results of several recent auctions... I'd say, that gap, she is a-closin'. 

Absolutely. I believe you are on point with your prediction. 

27 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

I wasn't following the auctions.  Any other Baker books in the mix?

In addition to the TR 39 and the TADS 6, I believe there was also a Diary Secrets 21 in 5.5.  I forget what it sold for...  

Edit: It sold for $1,655.

Edited by 29dukedog
added desc.

6 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

And I think whoever won this one made a smart move.  Such a tough book and this copy presents very well (at least from the front!). http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FCOMICTRACK%2FAUCTIONS%2FBIDS.ASP%3Fx%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D1&id=1236842

I've had two of these books both bought without the "Marilyn" factor.  Wish I would have kept the other one awhile longer.  I sold my lower grade one for a couple of hundred and thought that was a great deal at the time.   Low grade copy I used to have.

img214.jpg

Edited by JvR11

7 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Congrats to whoever won this one.  I was the underbidder.  Just couldn't quite get myself to go higher since I own a 5.5 copy. http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FCOMICTRACK%2FAUCTIONS%2FBIDS.ASP%3Fx%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D1&id=1236407

Thanks for not bidding higher. I was surprised to get it for $3400.