• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,566 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Yorick said:

BIG congratulations.  I am among the list of individuals who did not see this listing (and I have ALL the titles in my search feed - sometimes it just filters correct matches out :screwy:).  It belongs side-by-side with APC7!

I'd always thought of it alongside APC8, but you're right, it does more closely resemble APC7.  

apc7_GCD.jpg

apc8_GCD.jpg

Here’s my DS nn.  Was lucky to get this from Comic Heaven about 10 years ago and just had it slabbed last year. I have the distinct privilege of having the lower of only two graded copies on the census!  I haven’t read every page of this Baker thread yet but so far do recall seeing a couple of you boardies with nice raw copies of this book. 

06AD2935-CE2E-4419-AD29-69A5812A19E3.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Microbia said:

Here’s my DS nn.  Was lucky to get this from Comic Heaven about 10 years ago and just had it slabbed last year. I have the distinct privilege of having the lower of only two graded copies on the census!  I haven’t read every page of this Baker thread yet but so far do recall seeing a couple of you boardies with nice raw copies of this book. 

Any copy of this book is a good copy of this book!

20 hours ago, Microbia said:

That's the big one, yes siree Bob; most likely the single toughest Baker/St. John of them all.  Besides the two CGC copies, I think I've only seen two other boardies post pics of their raw copies (Robot Man is one, iirc, but I forget the other lucky collector's name...)  

Yeah, with odds like that, I seriously doubt I'll ever find one, myself.  (But who knows, after the minor miracle I recently experienced.)  

5 hours ago, Microbia said:

Great though someone before me once got the best bargain on this book, paying only a dime for what was originally a quarter!

Well, it is used!

Some old-time dealers would write their prices in pencil on the back cover.  Interesting sometimes to see what today is a five-figure book with "$1.25" or similar price written in pencil on the back cover. :)

On 5/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Point Five said:

Not quite 'Baker romance' as per the thread title, but hopefully you'll forgive me. :D

approved11.jpg

Maybe Baker's most violent cover? hm

On 5/6/2018 at 1:01 PM, Microbia said:

Looks much nicer than a 2.0 (thumbsu

5 minutes ago, domuhnator said:

Added another baker to the hoard from Saturdays heritage auction. 3.0 phantom lady 23. But I dont think I can post a pic till I get it and crack it out.

My favorite PL cover, but probably Kamen rather than Baker.  Still a great book to own a copy of.

The bad boys from Sarasota landed me a large box today and this baby was one of them. Now 4 on census. Not quite the 6.0 that CLink has up now but still respectable. This babe is hurtin’ for the same reputation as TAR 32’s. Take a look at her and ask... Will she ever leave her sh••hole and get there?

52A000B4-ED21-4ABB-98A2-95EC097E6BFF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Microbia said:

The bad boys from Sarasota landed me a large box today and this baby was one of them. Now 4 on census. Not quite the 6.0 that CLink has up now but still respectable. This babe is hurtin’ for the same reputation as TAR 32’s. Take a look at her and ask... Will she ever leave her sh••hole and get there?

52A000B4-ED21-4ABB-98A2-95EC097E6BFF.jpeg

Absolutely a great book. Years a go I turned down a raw vf for $250.00.:cry:

Picked up a couple more for my Baker on the cheap non romance collection. Still have to pay off 2/3s of my recent PL 13 but was able to get temporary relief from the comic book buying injunction at my house...in other words even my wife knows I got a good deal on these, still these are likely the last new acquisitions I'll be able to post for the year...

The Texan 8 is m favorite of these, an unappreciated abduction cover? with a nice babe on it....as you can see even with this copy though its got some tanning that seems to really plague all copies of this issue, don't think I've ever seen a clean looking copy (I'm sure Sqeggs will post one tho! .  I actually got a copy of the Canadian edition (not pictured) that looks much cleaner, maybe they used better paper? I don't know.

texan4vgf.jpg

Texan8naccavf.jpg

Edited by szavisca