• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,546 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Nice one Shay...(thumbsu  JLee has my old copy.  How he talked me out of it I don't know...Oh, I remember...I volunteered it...:sorry:

That's what you get for selling. :baiting:

45 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Does this book's title of Matt Baker: the Art of Glamour show all of his works?

I prefer to see all pictures of his works so I will buy it.

The Art of Glamour contains a lot of great Matt Baker artwork, but still only a small fraction of his output. Regardless, if you like Baker at all, you should own this book. 

IIRC, after the book was pretty much done and ready for the printer, Shaun Clancy obtained an interview with one of Matt Baker's true friends Frank Giusto, who provided personal sketches that Matt had done for him. I think that chapter is the best in the book.

Also, The Art of Glamour features the most accurate and complete checklist of Baker's professional work. It gets a few things wrong, but has been much more reliable than Overstreet, which has in the past misattributed Baker artwork. 

7 hours ago, MBFan said:

The Art of Glamour contains a lot of great Matt Baker artwork, but still only a small fraction of his output. Regardless, if you like Baker at all, you should own this book. 

IIRC, after the book was pretty much done and ready for the printer, Shaun Clancy obtained an interview with one of Matt Baker's true friends Frank Giusto, who provided personal sketches that Matt had done for him. I think that chapter is the best in the book.

Also, The Art of Glamour features the most accurate and complete checklist of Baker's professional work. It gets a few things wrong, but has been much more reliable than Overstreet, which has in the past misattributed Baker artwork. 

Is there another book about MB and his artworks even the checklist?

There were a few Bakers at Torpedo Con (next to LAX) yesterday, mostly lower grade with a few mids. Most didn't sell as far as I could tell, so they should be at SDCC.

The best Baker book at the show, a tall TAR, was bought by boardie who should be posting it soon.

I managed only an APC 18 from Dale Roberts...

5 hours ago, JollyComics said:

Is there another book about MB and his artworks even the checklist?

Confessions, Romances, Secrets and Temptations by John Benson, is a book about Archer St. John and his stable of artists and creators featuring Baker. Also Romance Without Tears also by Benson, has a nice cover gallery of Baker covers.

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

still looks great to me !!(thumbsu

Thanks. Maybe because the colors on the cover are dark, the Newton rings aren't too distracting. 

5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

By slabbing this copy, I brought the census count up from zero to one.  Unfortunately, like most recently graded books, it suffers from Newton Rings, as can be clearly seen in the logo. 

2018-07-18-0001_zps7ezraaqn-2.JPG

Actually never 'noticed' this one until now. Great cover (and not even dominated by a Baker babe)!