• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,547 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Two Baker St John romance books that are both highest graded CGC 7.5 copies:

Strong GGA:  https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/romance/teen-age-romances-9-st-john-1950-cgc-vf-75-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7189-91081.s?type=bidnotice-endofauction

Weak GGA:  https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/romance/going-steady-10-st-john-1954-cgc-vf-75-off-white-pages/a/7189-93066.s?type=bidnotice-endofauction

We've seen this kind of difference before, but these results seem particularly striking to me.  (I wasn't the buyer or the consignor of either copy.)

I dropped out of bidding on the GS10 because HA announced that they'd have another high grade copy to bid on soon.  Bad timing on HA's part...

7 hours ago, szavisca said:

I think it was pretty recent, iirc.  Usually CLink wipes out scans after a couple of months. 

13 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Going show off my Phantom Lady set.  Took a long time to complete. Not all Baker.  Not really romance, unless one considers Sandra Knight’s dim witted boy friend, Don Borden.

6A104140-3590-48E9-813F-D09FEB40E90B.jpeg

Excellent!

17 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

Going show off my Phantom Lady set.  Took a long time to complete. Not all Baker.  Not really romance, unless one considers Sandra Knight’s dim witted boy friend, Don Borden.

Way to go Ray!  Next to Junior, one of my favorite Fox runs. I'm still a couple short of posting a photo like that...:sorry:

18 hours ago, BitterOldMan said:

A great feat nowadays Ray :headbang:

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Happy with the grade, not so happy with the Newton rings.

2018-08-16-0001_zps8ikj800p.JPG

Bummer on the rings, but that is a real beauty.  (thumbsu  One of the top Baker covers I'm after these days. 

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Happy with the grade, not so happy with the Newton rings.

2018-08-16-0001_zps8ikj800p.JPG

Strikingly beautiful book. The Newton rings dilemma with CGC is a real problem. My last small batch of books almost all had them. I will not submit anymore books to be slabbed until they solve this.