• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,577 posts in this topic

good times, eh?  6 years ago, that one was part of a four book Baker lot.  My pleasure to contribute along the way to a now legendary Baker collection!

An excellent example.  Yours was blue, my other buyers' was purple.  I told him at the time his was somewhat unique because of that.  As true then as it is today. :preach:

3 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

good times, eh?  6 years ago, that one was part of a four book Baker lot.  My pleasure to contribute along the way to a now legendary Baker collection!

An excellent example.  Yours was blue, my other buyers' was purple.  I told him at the time his was somewhat unique because of that.  As true then as it is today. :preach:

When I first gazed on that Crippen TT 1, I was like stout Cortez silent upon a peak in Darien.

Scanners can be part of the variation but my recollection is that my old copy had a decent amount of purple.

Teenage1.jpg

6 hours ago, Yorick said:

Ah.  So it was YOU!  It looked like a better copy than mine.  I like that the whole collection was date stamped.  I won the Love Romances 84 (among others) and was going to write the seller that they were completely wrong in stating that the interior had Baker art, but GCD says it has two Baker stories...  Wha?!  They look entirely Colletta to me.

Yes, that was me :shy:

Jumped a little at the end, but my max was still enough to take it home. I will continue to hoard some of these (Quality Bakers) when i can seeing how underappreciated they seem to be. I love them!  The tide will turn one day as more Baker admires enter the fray. Look at what the Baker St.John Horror covers are getting now!! The Texan and Wild Boys are heating up, no where to go afterward but post St. John. I'm acquiring select Baker Atlas issues too. 

10 minutes ago, sagii said:

Yes, that was me :shy:

Jumped a little at the end, but my max was still enough to take it home. I will continue to hoard some of these (Quality Bakers) when i can seeing how underappreciated they seem to be. I love them!  The tide will turn one day as more Baker admires enter the fray. Look at what the Baker St.John Horror covers are getting now!! The Texan and Wild Boys are heating up, no where to go afterward but post St. John. I'm acquiring select Baker Atlas issues too. 

I've been collecting all these books for years, just because I like them... (and 'cause they used to be inexpensive!)  Now they're almost worth their weight in gold.  (Or have they passed that point already...?)  I think this is kinda neat.   

WildBoy11_pb.jpg

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

I've been collecting all these books for years, just because I like them... (and 'cause they used to be inexpensive!)  Now they're almost worth their weight in gold.  (Or have they passed that point already...?)  I think this is kinda neat.   

WildBoy11_pb.jpg

That is the best looking copy i have seen of that one! If only it was 'Wild Girl of the Congo' lol

But then they wouldn't have been so 'inexpensive' so long (:

I'm still wondering what the #15 (highest graded) on HA is going to bring come hammer time....

1 hour ago, szavisca said:

Good to see this thread picking up speed again...here's some Baker non romance you don't see often I just picked up.  Maybe the 2nd best of the Hawks? Pretty sure someone here has a nice #12...

hawk10rawfine.jpg

Nice copy!  Yeah, I sure wish I had a nice #12...  

11 hours ago, szavisca said:

Good to see this thread picking up speed again...here's some Baker non romance you don't see often I just picked up.  Maybe the 2nd best of the Hawks? Pretty sure someone here has a nice #12...

hawk10rawfine.jpg

Beautiful copy!

14 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

WildBoy11_pb.jpg

Terrific!

On 11/13/2018 at 3:03 PM, Robot Man said:

Hard to believe this thread has slipped to page 3.  Another new Baker “love book” just graced my mail box...

B5F10D97-B7AC-489F-B4E6-454CF8B207DF.jpeg

So he found out the day before, but he has to wait until the wedding rehearsal the next day to denounce her publicly?  :facepalm: