• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,566 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Bumble Kitty said:

Here's another one that came back from CGC earlier this year.  I bought it from a national dealer (many years ago) who graded it as VF+.  On receipt, I figured it was closer to F/VF, because of the back cover.  Just prior to slabbing, I really looked for defects and I felt CGC would give it a 6.5.

Giant Comics Editions 15 front.jpg

Great looking book and one of Baker’s best covers in my opinion.

15 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

I bought this one a while back.  It was one of those times where I was so excited to buy it that I overlooked some obvious defects.  So prior to slabbing, my heart sank when I looked at the back cover.  I figured it would get a 5.0, but CGC really hammered it.  Oh well, the nicest 4.5 I have ever seen.

All Picture All Love 1 front.jpg

That highway is in Jersey and i think that book is loved in any condition.(thumbsu

19 hours ago, Inaflash said:
19 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

Here's another one that came back from CGC earlier this year.  I bought it from a national dealer (many years ago) who graded it as VF+.  On receipt, I figured it was closer to F/VF, because of the back cover.  Just prior to slabbing, I really looked for defects and I felt CGC would give it a 6.5.

Giant Comics Editions 15 front.jpg

Great looking book and one of Baker’s best covers in my opinion.

One my favorites, as well.  Love how you've got a complete little story in the background. 

19 hours ago, Bumble Kitty said:

I bought this one a while back.  It was one of those times where I was so excited to buy it that I overlooked some obvious defects.  So prior to slabbing, my heart sank when I looked at the back cover.  I figured it would get a 5.0, but CGC really hammered it.  Oh well, the nicest 4.5 I have ever seen.

:x

On 11/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, Bumble Kitty said:

Roland, you’re on fire! :applause:

22 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hey Steve, you gonna post this years Baker pickups like you have done in the past? Always love to see 'em.

Bob, things have really slowed down for me on the Baker front as I just can’t find the right books at the right price. I was hoping to add 50 Bakers a year to my collection and did so in 2016 and 2017, but only 30 additions so far in 2018. 

Enthusiasm remains as strong as ever though. :)

4 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Bob, things have really slowed down for me on the Baker front as I just can’t find the right books at the right price. I was hoping to add 50 Bakers a year to my collection and did so in 2016 and 2017, but only 30 additions so far in 2018

Enthusiasm remains as strong as ever though. :)

Thirty is still quite a haul.  Love to see them posted at some point.

1 hour ago, Bumble Kitty said:
5 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Roland, you’re on fire! :applause:

I hope that doesn't mean I'm getting a fever.  :whatthe:

Baker fever!  Catch it and watch your bank account die! :cry: