• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,575 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, PeterPark said:
21 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

I was a bit surprised this didn't go higher, considering how rarely it comes up for sale.   hm  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-age-Diary-Secrets-9-Aug-1950-/143054849019?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

I tried!

If I knew it'd end in this range, I might've given more serious thought to trying for it.  I was sure it wouldn't go for less than $1200. 

6 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

If I knew it'd end in this range, I might've given more serious thought to trying for it.  I was sure it wouldn't go for less than $1200. 

There wasn't much info to go on from the seller.  At least there were photos of the front and back and inside front/back...  If it is anything like the other books he had posted, I'd guess the paper quality is poor.

12 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

I was a bit surprised this didn't go higher, considering how rarely it comes up for sale.   hm  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Teen-age-Diary-Secrets-9-Aug-1950-/143054849019?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Ouch!  I missed it or it would definitely have gone higher.  Whatever problems it might have, it would have been a big upgrade over my copy.

Strange that the seller neglected to include Baker's name in the listing title.  Cost himself some dough. 

2017-10-16-0001_zpskapff2bg.jpg

11 hours ago, 29dukedog said:
11 hours ago, PeterPark said:
12 hours ago, 29dukedog said:

I tried!

Given there are only three copies on the census (one being my wreck of a copy), it had the potential to go well above $1,200 if the seller had had the brains to put "Baker" in the listing. 

40 minutes ago, manetteska said:

Is there a quick list of post-St John covers Baker did?

I guess there is, if you happen to have a copy of "The Art of Glamour".  Online, I don't think so.  

It would be a pretty short list, in any event.  

Edited by 29dukedog
Added material

5 minutes ago, Ryan. said:

There was also a Western Bandit Trails 3 the seller listed as "excellent condition" that went for $780... and a Texan 4 listed as VF that looked more like a 6.5, which I was happy to win for $300.

I love the Texan 8 and think its way underrated...it should labeled as an "abduction cover" right?  This copy was probably the best looking I've ever seen, though it was still plagued with the horrible tanning this issue so often has. 

Additionally it had some back cover staining and what, according to a boardie I asked, looked like it might be a tear seal on the lower left corner of the back cover...I dunno, don't really consider myself an expert in spotting those from scans.  The seller didn't have the best looking feedback anyway, so as much as I love 8... I decided to let this one go, not that I'd have gone up to 1k for it anyway raw.