• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,547 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, szavisca said:

There was also a Western Bandit Trails 3 the seller listed as "excellent condition" that went for $780... and a Texan 4 listed as VF that looked more like a 6.5, which I was happy to win for $300.

I love the Texan 8 and think its way underrated...it should labeled as an "abduction cover" right?  This copy was probably the best looking I've ever seen, though it was still plagued with the horrible tanning this issue so often has. 

Additionally it had some back cover staining and what, according to a boardie I asked, looked like it might be a tear seal on the lower left corner of the back cover...I dunno, don't really consider myself an expert in spotting those from scans.  The seller didn't have the best looking feedback anyway, so as much as I love 8... I decided to let this one go, not that I'd have gone up to 1k for it anyway raw.

Yeah, not exactly "buy with confidence" after reading it! 

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

30 day returns at least... figured worth the risk. If the Texan 4 looks like at least a 6.0/6.5 in hand I’ll be ok with it.  Thought it would go higher honestly ... maybe went low because it ended in the same instant as the WBT 3.

20 minutes ago, szavisca said:

30 day returns at least... figured worth the risk. If the Texan 4 looks like at least a 6.0/6.5 in hand I’ll be ok with it.  Thought it would go higher honestly ... maybe went low because it ended in the same instant as the WBT 3.

I had these on my watchlist but forgot to put in my snipes. I would have gone higher on the Texan 4. The WBT 3 went way above what I would have done.  

20 hours ago, szavisca said:
20 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Amazing that a seller would have books ending Christmas night. 

31 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

And multiple books appealing to the same buyers ending at the exact same time.... makes no difference to me though, I’m more of a carpet bomber than a sniper... my max bid is in hours ahead of time.

3 minutes ago, Bumble Kitty said:

Forgot about this one, until I showed a fellow boardie a box of Quality's...

Girls In Love 57 Baker front.jpg

Jeff had a decent copy of this one in a recent sales thread.... I always liked it, but couldn't swing something like that at this time. Beautiful copy you have there. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/26/2018 at 5:42 PM, Sqeggs said:

I have shelved the "books are cheaper on holiday's" as either as always a myth, or times have changed.  With ever growing share of snipes to bids ratio (that can be placed anytime) and empty-nester comic collectors searching for bargain's having bought int to the "books are cheaper on holiday's" myth with nothing but free time to search on free non-work days - one might be better off looking for books ending on Tuesday's than ending on Holiday's. 

*I have no empirical hard quantitative data to back up my assertion. Based on qualitative observation only.

Edited by path4play

On 12/29/2018 at 9:53 PM, comicnoir said:

This is one of my favorite Baker covers, a "romance noir" complete with venetian blinds and moody lighting. Notice the diary entry she is writing that alludes to a pregnancy and the mocking expression on the boyfriend's face in the photo. The colours are perfect too. Certainly one of his darker pieces.

Diary Secrets 20 cgc 5.5.jpg

I love that cover as well.

Ken

There's another copy up on feebay for those of you who missed out on that last one.  I thought the $400+ was a good result, but I still remember when a 5.0 sold for $300.  :cry: