• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Those don't count as auctions.  I wish I could have purchased the 6.0 copy that Rick sold.  I need to get back to playing the lottery...

I've heard it said, and I'm inclined to agree... "The lottery is a tax on people who can't do basic math."  

6 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Those don't count as auctions.  I wish I could have purchased the 6.0 copy that Rick sold.  I need to get back to playing the lottery...

Make Cav an offer.  I think he has two copies now?  Maybe that's your lottery right there.

1 minute ago, 29dukedog said:

I've heard it said, and I'm inclined to agree... "The lottery is a tax on people who can't do basic math."  

But ... but ... "If you don't play, you can't win!"

Just now, Dr. Love said:

Make Cav an offer.  I think he has two copies now?  Maybe that's your lottery right there.

Is there a Crippen copy, a Church copy ...

Wasn't one in the Sixth St books that we saw.  Who knows if one is lurking in the books we haven't seen?  But as a last issue, it most likely had even more limited than normal circulation. So it wouldn't surprise me if no copies made it as far as the West Coast.  Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if no copies made it as far as New Jersey. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Love said:

I couldn't even afford to go after the 2.5.  I guess there'll be a sales thread in my near future to build up the war chest!

I do own a copy of TAR45 - just not as nice.

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
6 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

But ... but ... "If you don't play, you can't win!"

Odds are, you can't win even if you played once a day for tens of millions of years.  

1 minute ago, Yorick said:

I couldn't even afford to go after the 2.5.  I guess there'll be a sales thread in my near future to build up the war chest!

I do own a copy of TAR45 - just not as nice.

With only six copies on the census and only two higher than a 3.0, just about any copy counts as a good copy, imo. 

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

With only six copies on the census and only two higher than a 3.0, just about any copy counts as a good copy, imo. 

But that's what I have to keep telling myself about TAR9.  I can't be doing that for all of my Bakers.... can I?

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:
2 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Odds are, you can't win even if you played once a day for tens of millions of years.  

So, you're saying there's a chance? :insane:

:roflmao: 

Which one are you- dumb or dumber?  

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:
5 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

But that's what I have to keep telling myself about TAR9.  I can't be doing that for all of my Bakers.... can I?

I never thought I'd find an affordable All-True All-Picture Police Cases #2, but it happened last summer.  Point is, miracles can happen (despite what I've been saying about the lottery.)  

15 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:
18 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:
19 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

So, you're saying there's a chance? :insane:

:roflmao: 

Which one are you- dumb or dumber?  

Dumbest! :acclaim:

14 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

No Church or Crippen TAR 45

No Sixth St copy either, neither seen or unseen, graded or raw

Was there ever one in the fabulous Dr. Love collection or have you been holding out for a high-grade copy? 

18 minutes ago, Yorick said:

My copy of TADS 9 may have the record for worst copy of a Baker ever slabbed. 

1 minute ago, Yorick said:

:signfunny:

I've seen the TAR46 (but I really shouldn't post it since it's not April 1st):

TAR46 (663x1024).jpg

No, really, i was referring to All Picture All True Love Story #1, a book i thought @Sqeggs is after still.

Sorry for the mix up :shy: