• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, RICK STARR said:

Just happen to look over the thread. Here is the WTR 8. Wonder who has the 8.5 copy? Also, got the TAT 8  back from CGC a few weeks ago and I do not think I ever posted the WTR 2 before.

541353619_WARTIMEROMANCE8.thumb.jpg.df45d59a1193d40ee337d36a69c7db48.jpg

477126034_TEENAGETEMPTS8.thumb.jpg.7667ba410800b5d480206326a2f0008e.jpg

1349561574_WARTIMEROM2.thumb.jpg.633eb003c13fbb15dd050378010aa8ad.jpg

Sensational copies!

12 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Amazing trio of books!  All three are top tier Bakers IMHO, and I’ve always had a soft spot for WTR 2 (I have the 8.0).

Me too, always loved this cover. I think some feel it is Canteen Kateish.  I just remember being wowed the first time I ever saw a copy. 

9 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and all the ships at sea, a magic moment in my collecting life has arrived! :acclaim:

Thanks to a very nice boardie (with an assist from another very nice boardie), :foryou::foryou: I have finally landed the last book that I needed to complete the Baker St John romance run.  :banana::banana::banana::banana: 

2019-02-14-0001.jpg

:tink:   And a darn nice looking 4.5 , Congrats!!!

13 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and all the ships at sea, a magic moment in my collecting life has arrived! :acclaim:

Thanks to a very nice boardie (with an assist from another very nice boardie), :foryou::foryou: I have finally landed the last book that I needed to complete the Baker St John romance run.  :banana::banana::banana::banana: 

2019-02-14-0001.jpg

:golfclap::golfclap:

Oh my stars and garters! Congratulations T. That is some achievement in comic collecting! I bow to your stature in the game Hall of Famer! (worship)

Group shot(s) accompanied by anecdotes at your soonest leisure. In the meantime, lay those bad boys (hmm, it's Baker -'girls' :D) out and enjoy!

40 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

2019-02-14-0001.jpg

An amazing run to complete, heroic indeed Mr. T. 

Big, BIG time congratulations!!! :martini::golfclap:

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

2019-02-14-0001.jpg

I assume it has been done before, but I know of no one else who has accomplished that.  The IMPOSSIBLE Collection!

Did you get this one already in the slab?  I wonder if the guts are reprints similar to the Giant Editions?  Before I had seen this cover, I had always wondered why Baker never drew a milkman cover...  BUT HE DID!  It's simply too rare to see it.  I wonder why CGC didn't note any Baker attribution?

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I agree that it does have a kind of CK vibe. Picked this copy up raw on eBay years ago as a VG/FN. 

2019-02-14-0002.jpg

How did CGC grade that copy so high with all that staining right on the central figures?!!  (:

8 minutes ago, BanjerD said:

Picked up this DS29 in Japan last summer.  It'll be getting pressed and graded fairly soon.

DiarySecrets29.jpg

Why press it?  I don't think it'll improve the book to make the cost worth it.  Maybe more harm than good...  That spine looks fragile.

2019-02-14-0001.jpg

Well that's going on my list now lol

Beautiful book, congrats!

wonderful and awesome comic i didn't even know existed (worship)

51 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I assume it has been done before, but I know of no one else who has accomplished that.  The IMPOSSIBLE Collection!

Did you get this one already in the slab?  I wonder if the guts are reprints similar to the Giant Editions?  Before I had seen this cover, I had always wondered why Baker never drew a milkman cover...  BUT HE DID!  It's simply too rare to see it.  I wonder why CGC didn't note any Baker attribution?

Yes, it was already slabbed.  I think the contents are rebound returned books.  So they may vary from copy to copy.

I think in the days of milk being home delivered (still was happening when I was very young), homemakers having affairs with (or running away with) the milkman was a staple of comedians. 

48 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Why press it?  I don't think it'll improve the book to make the cost worth it.  Maybe more harm than good...  That spine looks fragile.

I have a suspicion that you're right that it's too fragile to press, although a press might approve its appearance.  CCS is very good about rejecting books that it feels might be damaged by a press. I've had books rejected that I thought were sturdy enough, but I bowed to their judgment.