• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,498 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, eccomic said:

Bad for him and good for someone 

3 hours ago, eccomic said:

Did you get it?  What a great lookin copy!

6 hours ago, comicnoir said:

Lassies are the cheapest way to get Bakers.

Yep...got this from Metro 2 years ago for $15 as a VF.  Thought I read somewhere that this stamp means this book is an actual in house file/reference copy used by Dell or their printer? Anyone know if that's accurate?

LassieFileCopy.jpg

LassieInterior.jpg

6 hours ago, szav said:

Yep...got this from Metro 2 years ago for $15 as a VF.  Thought I read somewhere that this stamp means this book is an actual in house file/reference copy used by Dell or their printer? Anyone know if that's accurate?

LassieFileCopy.jpg

LassieInterior.jpg

Yes, that’s a file copy.  Nice one!

On 3/20/2019 at 9:29 AM, PeterPark said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Diary Secrets combined with Teen-Age Diary Secrets and Blue Ribbon and the nn issue is the hardest Baker St. John run to complete. Any thoughts on what the ranking of runs would be?

I'm not sure I would lump those all together.  Blue Ribbon with those funny animal issues doesn't jive with the romance (and I hate the #2 cover).  I've always focused on "runs" as the GCD labels them.  Having said that, photo covers was never my thing and I didn't pursue the Teen-age Diary Secrets issues.  I would say with the Marilyn issue and the pocket sized issues that you'd have a tough time finishing that set (Marilyn only because its expensive...).  As for the Diary Secrets, the NN issue is pretty scarce and is one of three I would need to complete that run (if you consider the NN as part of the run).  Diary Secrets is definitely a tough one to assemble.

Do you also consider Going Steady as part of the Teen-age Temptations set?  And what was Romantic Marriage a continuation of?

It seems to me that the toughest run would be All-Picture All-True Love Story.  It all depends on the books you decide to include in your "runs".

I group romantic marriage with cinderella love and I do group teen-age temptations with going steady. I don't count the funny animal covers but I don't see a change in name with a similar format as the end of a run...but I don't count cinderella love 13 as part of it either. I'm only concerned with the Baker covers or interiors but I have it anyway.

22 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I group romantic marriage with cinderella love and I do group teen-age temptations with going steady. I don't count the funny animal covers but I don't see a change in name with a similar format as the end of a run...but I don't count cinderella love 13 as part of it either. I'm only concerned with the Baker covers or interiors but I have it anyway.

I think Going Steady would be near the top of the list.  Have you finished the sets?