• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
42 42

13,509 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Microbia said:

Lasted 7 mins. Appears the sellers lists an auction with a Best Offer option. That is an awfully small amount of time to notice, send an offer, have offer accepted, and have no one put in a starting bid.

I've put in Best Offers on books without an auction and no one get back to me in 24 hours.

My favorite are the auctions that start at $0.99 with a Best Offer option; the seller usually never responds to the offer before someone else bids $1. What's the point?

Another sneaker:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-vintage-Romance-Golden-Age-Comic-Books-several-Pre-Code-1954-1955-/333194948343?hash=item4d93f76ef7%3Ag%3A6XgAAOSw1pRc2HC0&nma=true&si=NLtnOes4tiuUozI8uh7TQgXOKfo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

4 hours ago, manetteska said:

Lasted 7 mins. Appears the sellers lists an auction with a Best Offer option. That is an awfully small amount of time to notice, send an offer, have offer accepted, and have no one put in a starting bid.

I've put in Best Offers on books without an auction and no one get back to me in 24 hours.

My favorite are the auctions that start at $0.99 with a Best Offer option; the seller usually never responds to the offer before someone else bids $1. What's the point?

Another sneaker:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-10-vintage-Romance-Golden-Age-Comic-Books-several-Pre-Code-1954-1955-/333194948343?hash=item4d93f76ef7%3Ag%3A6XgAAOSw1pRc2HC0&nma=true&si=NLtnOes4tiuUozI8uh7TQgXOKfo%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I was just looking at that TAR #41 on ebay. The lot buyer has already relisted it.  lol

48 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, I missed out by making an offer.  Hopefully one of you took down this beast. 

Debated it. Decided to be good, and like you I will probably regret it.  lol

4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Well, I missed out by making an offer.  Hopefully one of you took down this beast. 

A5910A11-7BE3-4C4F-BD36-92A0293D835F.png

Doesn't appear to be (directly) sold through eBay; item is "no longer available for sale".

Also, it's hard to find this listing on eBay; sometimes it shows up, sometimes not.

Just now, manetteska said:

Doesn't appear to be (directly) sold through eBay; item is "no longer available for sale".

Also, it's hard to find this listing on eBay; sometimes it shows up, sometimes not.

It is possible someone made him a private offer. I don't know this person so it wasn't me. I have always had a difficult time finding this book.

Just now, Ricksneatstuff said:
1 minute ago, manetteska said:

It is possible someone made him a private offer. I don't know this person so it wasn't me. I have always had a difficult time finding this book.

Most likely, yes. Was listed for ~10.5 hours before taken down. Though eBay is making it extremely difficult to contact sellers for those private deals.

And here is the item# for a direct search: 264333545811.