• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,578 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

Struggled to upgrade my 3.5 copy (bought raw six years ago). So far, this is the best I've been able to do. Scratches are on the slab.

That is high grade for this issue. Very nice!

30 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Three fresh white-pagers from Torpedo Con yesterday (The Texan is a tall issue).

F837BE72-9D57-4D71-AF5F-B4F442E3C23A.jpeg

Nice ones Steve. I just couldn't get in the same room with Bakers and LB Cole is even worse. I'm "on vacation" with them for a while. Been working on other books that are obtainable and fairly priced. By the way, is the Texan a "New Hampshire"?

44 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I just couldn't get in the same room with Bakers and LB Cole is even worse. I'm "on vacation" with them for a while. 

I'm on the same page. It's unreal....especially Cole. 

5 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Three fresh white-pagers from Torpedo Con yesterday (The Texan is a tall issue).

F837BE72-9D57-4D71-AF5F-B4F442E3C23A.jpeg

Wow!  Great scores. Particularly like the Hawk, although the NH Texan ain't too shabby either!

3 hours ago, october said:

I'm on the same page. It's unreal....especially Cole. 

Coles have gotten crazy at the mid-grade level. I'm thinking as more copies come to market, prices will come down.

15 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

Back in 2009, I went to an estate auction and these were in a box.  I still have some but most have moved on.  My best Baker find ever in one location.  What's your best

Baker find?

Estate2.thumb.jpg.357a0435ce1c3e02f7a036aa815c53d3.jpg

Wow!

Wow.

1 minute ago, Point Five said:
16 minutes ago, JvR11 said:

Back in 2009, I went to an estate auction and these were in a box.  I still have some but most have moved on.  My best Baker find ever in one location.  What's your best

Baker find?

Wow!

Wow.

I believe you meant to say "WWOOWW!!!"

17 minutes ago, sacentaur said:
2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

You're on fire! Have you completed the whole Baker Texan run?

No, not even close.

I'm sure you'll eventually track them down.

Maybe the toughest to find is the Texan 3D. I can't seem to find a scan of my copy. It's a VGish raw. Never seen a high-grade copy and there are no copies on the census. I don't even see it listed on GCD, although it may be there somewhere. 

13 hours ago, JvR11 said:

Baker find?

That is truly an incredible find.  I have been actively buying Bakers since 1992 but that easily beats any Baker finds I have had over the years.  

13 hours ago, JvR11 said:

Baker find?

Wow, now that is an estate sale! I love the Junior just thrown in with the Bakers. Is this just part of the box? What else was in there?  :whistle:

14 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm sure you'll eventually track them down.

Maybe the toughest to find is the Texan 3D. I can't seem to find a scan of my copy. It's a VGish raw. Never seen a high-grade copy and there are no copies on the census. I don't even see it listed on GCD, although it may be there somewhere. 

I haven't seen this one...only the Hawk 3-D...please find it!